Rogers Rangers Recommendations?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hillwalker

Nov 28, 2004
the Wilds of Lough Gur
Try these:
The History of Rogers Rangers - Vol 1 the beginnings
The History of Rogers Rangers - Vol 2 The first Green Berets
The History of Rogers Rangers - Vol 3 Officers and Non Commissioned Officers
The History of Rogers Rangers - Vol 4 the St Francis Raid

All by Burt Garfield Loescher and Published by Heritage Books Inc.

Also Try

The Battle on Snow Shoes by Bob Bearor Published by Heritage Books Inc.

And For the Balanced View

Leading By Example, Partisan Fighters and Leaders Of New France Vol 1,2&3
By Bob Bearor Published by Heritage Books Inc. (About French Guerilla Leaders)

Finally

Wilderness Empire, A Narrative by Allen W Eckert Published by little, Brown and Company (About the French Indian Wars)

Last edited:

hillwalker

Nov 28, 2004
the Wilds of Lough Gur
Forgot these :

European and Native American Warfare 1676-1815 by Armstrong Starkey Published by University of Oklahoma Press (Bit Dry)

White Savage by Fintan O'Toole Published by Faber & Faber
(Biography of Sir William Johnson - Indian Agent, General and contempory of Robert Rogers)

The author Bob Bearor (Previous Post)is the Guy Ray Mears interviews in the episode about Robert Rogers.

hope all these help

red dreads

Nov 14, 2009
Eilean a Cheo
Robert Rogers of the Rangers. John R.Cuneo.

White Devil. Stephen Brumwell.

And try Empires Collide . Ruth Sheppard. (French Indian War) loads of colour plates on different Ranger units

regds Stevie

hillwalker

Nov 28, 2004
the Wilds of Lough Gur
Hi man_of_tanith,

Not sure if you'll be able to get these in your local library. The bob bearor and the Burt Garfield Loescher books took me a while to track down and had to buy them from a web site in America. If I can find the sellers information I will post it later.

You may be able to get Wilderness Empire, A Narrative by Allen W Eckert from the library.

Allen Eckert also wrote The frontiersmen, A Narrative, Which centers on Simon Kenton a well known frontierman. The book covers the period from 1755 to about 1840.

Good luck tracking them Down

VtBlackdog

Tenderfoot
Nov 12, 2008
VT~USA
any chance of posting a video of the ray mears episode? my Mac won't run youtube, but if its embedded here it might work..?

phill_ue

Banned
Jan 4, 2010
Sheffield
The Spencer Tracey film is pretty good, it doesn't follow the story exactly but near as damn it. If you can track it down, it is worth a viewing!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE