Road Trip UK.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

No Idea

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
Poole Lulworth BOvington is my home.

Call me as you are leaving Portsmouth.

I will guide you through this area.

Will PM you my number.

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
I note that IWM Duxford is on your list. It's quite a place, if you are into your aviation history you could easily spend a whole weekend there, it simply has so much on display. Worth checking in advance if there is anything in the air when you are due to be there.

Enjoy your trip!

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
Well, they left here this morning heading for Exeter and on to Bristol.

Hope someone will offer be able to guide the pair of them through the other parts of their trip.

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
They are easy. No mess, own sleeping bags, happy, own car and kit - inc hobo lol

They also both speak excellent English - probably better than mine.

It would have taken them several hours to make it from one sight seeing beauty spot to the next, wheras it took me only minutes as I know where Im going.

As a result, they managed a lot more than they would have on their own. Took them in my car where we were driving in a loop as there was no point taking two cars, and they followed easily even in the dark in their own car.

We all ate at Burger King, although they preffer Pizza, but it was packed. We went Dutch lol.

Didnt cook at home, as I would have hated it if I managed to give them food poisoning on their first day and my cooking is er.... different.

They had bread butter and honey for breakfast, before we went hunting for new memory for their camera after it died in my computer. Feeling embarrassed.

They left happy heading for Endicotts, Exeter and Bristol.

Glad I did. Learned some stuff. Was a pleasure.

Gave them the pics I took of this part of their trip so they can post their story when they are home and ready.

Looking forward to seeing them.

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
Oh, btw, they thought the hills at Lulworth were high!

I would love to see their faces if anyne takes them through Wales, the lakes or anywhere in Scotland!

Pepperana

Dec 3, 2009
Netherlands
Ha ha Gary is a great guy ! (No idea) . Thanks again gary !Update all is going good ! Heading to bristol now. We went to endy,s . Great shop and bought allot:) kevin is also very kind! Yesterday we sas the Hms victory in Portsmouth and the tank museum. Very impressef both. N
Overall impresions: very friendly people, nice mountain:) , lots of roundabouts , good food, plenty hammocking trees.
If you see a red mitshibutsie colt with dutch plates its us. :). Im trying to upload some fotos. Cheers.

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
Looking at the weather....

Is there any chance they can make it up snowdon and down again before it snows?

Does anyone know what its ike there and whats predicted?

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
I love that Endicotts is in a list of places to visit along with places like Stone hedge and London :)

Friends of mine came from South Africa to visit the UK, they didnt plan anywhere to sleep and just drove (avoiding the motorways) and they just found small pubs to stay in, they were on a budget and seemed to stick to it will this way. they drove from London to Scotland ( get married) and back again but i think they had 2 or 3 weeks rather than 11 days.

But staying off the motorways if possible is a better way of seeing more. for example i drove to my dads and took a divert of the motorway and came across a 30ft hay scuplure of a Meerkat

Hay,+it's+simples!+Farmer+builds+36ft+meerkat+sculpture+from+bales+of+straw+1.jpg

Pepperana

Dec 3, 2009
Netherlands
We went to see bristol,bath and the cotswolds today. Some very nice sceenery! The lunch was in the falkland arms pub. In great tew. Really old and really good ! Now Were in chester. I am going to upload some more pics to the Flickr page.
Cheers, pepperana

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
We went to see bristol,bath and the cotswolds today. Some very nice sceenery! The lunch was in the falkland arms pub. In great tew. Really old and really good ! Now Were in chester. I am going to upload some more pics to the Flickr page.
Cheers, pepperana

Soldier of Fortune
8-10 Lower Bridge St Chester CH1 1RU - 01244 328 205

Spent some time and money in there :)

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
Hi Pepperana

Heard you are in Chester.

I know its in the wrong direction, but considering how flat the Netherlands are - and its not expacted to rain there this afternoon....

You might want to take a detour here

Railway up Wales biggest mountain, You are about 60 miles away from it.

Weather for Snowdon...http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wl/wl_forecast_wind.html

As you are heading for Scotland...

Heres the link to the met offices whole of uk weather.

Sometimes they get it right. lol

Call me if the links dont work, or you have any other probs.

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
Lol I see you found Soldier of Fortune, even if it was in the wrong country.

If you are still in Wales, and havent made it to Snowdon, it may not be worth it now, beyond being able to say you have been up it.

One of the main things about going up it is the view off the top, but it looks on the forecast to be poor visibility all day.

Met office Snowdonia weather.

I missed including the link for the Met office forecast page for Scotland. Sorry.

Like your new pics.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE