rm wild food passaround

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
Sorry to home in on the parade but there was a big deal about copyrighted products being passed around including pre-recorded episodes of tv programs. Just though i would let you know before the mods get in on it.

ady05

Forager
Jan 8, 2007
kings lynn, norfolk
under the recormendation of several members i will be removing the dvds from circulation as a newcomer to this site i do not wish to cause any offence :You_Rock_

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Fair play Ady,

Thinking about it I can understand there will be copyright issues and such and I imagine that the last thing Tony and BCUK want is a fall out with Woodlore and the last thing I want is to upset BCUK.

I will be buying the series DVD anyway come September as there will likely be some extra's.

Matt.

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
No problem ady05. Not out of spite or anything(i would have like them myself) but about a month ago a member was offering tracks on dvd and a load of us including me asked for a copy. Lets just say i won't be doing that again. Anyway mate welcome to the website and enjoy your time here. :D

Feygan

Forager
Oct 14, 2006
Northern Ireland
Not 100% about this but I think as It's a tv program that is still currently airing, it doesn't fall under the normal copyright rules. I know soon as it hits dvd retail then it becomes copyright material. Anyone abit more knowlegable throw some light on this?

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Yes please as I have missed the last two in the series(too many punches to the head have ruined the memory see :lmao: :()

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
Feygan said:
Not 100% about this but I think as It's a tv program that is still currently airing, it doesn't fall under the normal copyright rules. I know soon as it hits dvd retail then it becomes copyright material. Anyone abit more knowlegable throw some light on this?

I'm pretty sure this discussion has been had before and the answer was still nay.

I know that the UK Nova site only allows torrents of progs that are not commercially available, but not sure if the legality of this has been tested

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I know soon as it hits dvd retail then it becomes copyright material. Anyone abit more knowlegable throw some light on this?
As soon as the program was made it was under copyright..... Same as if you took a photo of something, that photo is copyright to you.

If it worked the way you mentioned, then there would be nothing to stop other companies copying rays stuff from TV and releasing it before him.

Ed

Feygan

Forager
Oct 14, 2006
Northern Ireland
Ed said:
As soon as the program was made it was under copyright..... Same as if you took a photo of something, that photo is copyright to you.

If it worked the way you mentioned, then there would be nothing to stop other companies copying rays stuff from TV and releasing it before him.

Ed

Ah fair point then, just thought I'd throw it out there on the offchance.

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Bushcraft4life said:
Last week wednesday. I am sure they will be repeated but you will have to wait for the dvd, not out till september :(
Does this mean that the book and the dvd are coming out at the same time? :rolleyes:

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Heeheee thanks folks - self policing.
Yeah there are bound to be copyright issues, and we'd all hate to see BCUK shut down cos of some expensive legal wranglings....blah blah blah. Sorry to be petty, but we still live in hope that Ray might join us posting here one day ;)

So I too have gotta wait for the DVD to cathch the episode i missed too :cool:

Cheers
Rich

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Are you sure? The last episode was repeated last Sunday and there's
no mention of it at http://www.radiotimes.com

All I could find was reference to the signed version of episode 5 (Woodland)
being shown as a signed version on BBC1 very very late next Tuesday
night (technically Wednesday 14th morning).

WEDNESDAY 14 FEBRUARY
Sign Zone:Ray Mears' Wild Food
2:10am - 3:10am
BBC1
VIDEO Plus+: 5771511
Repeat, subtitles, in-vision signing, widescreen
Woodland

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE