Rivets Needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hawsome34

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2004
Merseyside
I'm wondering could anybody help me out on this one.

I have a sheath for a GB SFA, the rivets are in need of replacing like yesterday.

Does anyone know anywhere near Liverpool or Manchester that sells small quantity rivets suitable for leather, so I can repair this sheath.

Also any makers who have 5 rivets they would like to donate, would be very welcome to help me out on this.

Cheers, :D

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Hi Hawsome, What thickness of leather are you looking to go through? I have 2 part rivets in a couple of sizes and could stick half a dozen in the post no problems.

PM me with your needs and an address and I'll get them off to you fella. ;)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Most haberdashers sell rivets intended for home made denim jeans, one brand being "Newey" (spelling?) and I regularly use these on leather work. Meant for fabric these can be a bit short for multi layer leather but cope with up to about 7mm. They are bronzey in colour, not to wide and come with all the tools in the pack - except a hammer! - and pretty tough.
Hope this helps

hawsome34

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2004
Merseyside
Thanks to everyone for their help on this, Longstrider has kindly heped me out on this. I hope this'll give me the motivation to think of making one.

Cheers again.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I know it might not look the best but when I have lost rivets from nailbags (I work as a carpenter) I just bend a two pence piece over and hammer it flat over the seam, I had a nailbag that lasted for years that way till the rest of it fell to bits anyway.

Its been said by workmates that I could have bought another nailbag with the money I bent over the seams though (dunno where they get a leather nailbag for 8 pence though:rolleyes: ).

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Phil562 said:
I have heard that if you approach GB they may send you a replacement buckshee, worth an email ;)
I had this problem last year. As Phil says if you tell them the problem its likely GB will send a replacement. Better than a reputation that things break as far as they are concerned. :)

hawsome34

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2004
Merseyside
Phil562 said:
I have heard that if you approach GB they may send you a replacement buckshee, worth an email ;)

I took your advice Phil, and need to say thank you for the suggestion. I emailed GB, got a reply within 3 hours; letting me know that they will despatch a new sheath for nil poine.

Again thanks everyone for their tips and advice, much appreciated.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE