RIP Jonah Lomu

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Heck, that's sad, he and his family were with a load friends of mine just a few weeks ago in Poole... RIP and our thoughts are with his wife and children...

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Sad news, only 40, hardly started on this part of the journey. Hope he's somewhere happy and thoughts to those he's left behind.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
What a shame, and such a grief for his family and friends. Far too young.

I watched him first play, somewhere in the mid/late 1990's and just thought, "Wow!", he had the size, and the strength, and the speed, but he had the skill and the ability to use them too. I know I felt kind of awed at the men who'd face all 6'4" and around 18 stone of him on a field.

RIP Mr Lomu, and sincerest condolences to family and friends.

M

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I know I felt kind of awed at the men who'd face all 6'4" and around 18 stone of him on a field.

Plenty of guys in the game that size - but they are forwards! This guy was a winger who could do 100 yards in just over 10s :eek:. Nothing that big should move that fast!

Oh and he had a BMI of 32 - so clearly obese!

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Plenty of guys in the game that size - but they are forwards! This guy was a winger who could do 100 yards in just over 10s :eek:. Nothing that big should move that fast!

Oh and he had a BMI of 32 - so clearly obese!
A mountain of muscle.

There is a pic of him on wikipedia showing how lean he was.
220px-Mardel_24-1-01_lomu_en_villa_marista_foto_fabian_gastiarena.jpg

That's 18stone, folks.

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
Never even knew til I saw it on the news that he'd had kidney problems. But to be able to return to the game and play as he played after a transplant - that's amazing. Very sad news - RIP Jonah.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE