RIP Dave Greenfield.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Dave Greenfield Keyboard player for The Stanglers dies with Coronavirus.

This is the first person that I actually knew, that I have heard died of Covid-19. Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised in these times to learn that there are a few more where the news has not reached me yet.

He was a member of Regia, a re-enactment group I used to frequent and we shared a song and a camp fire on a few occasions.

He was a nice guy. Sad loss.

Stay at home. Stay safe.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Stranglers was one of the first concerts I ever went to, Glasgow Apollo early 80's always loved them and had booked to see them again when they were back up here in November. Hopefully will still go ahead but definitely wont be the same without him. Sad loss, he was a very talented guy.

My count of covid deaths of friends is also thankfully only at 1 but we have a few have had it and recovered, not something to be relished apparently!

Reactions: Wayland

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sorry to hear this.

We've been very fortunate and the only person we know of who has had it is Stew, and one of Son1's acquaintances.

Stay safe, and well.

M

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Heard about this earlier, gutted, Dave Greenfield was an amazing keyboard player, a big loss to music.

Here's a classic
Turn the volume up!

Reactions: moocher and Wayland

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
He actually wrote that one as well.
It's such a brilliant sound, on a decent stereo system that harpsichord really is something.
The Stranglers were the main stay of many drives with a mate to go climbing. He was quite prolific with his new routes and there's loads of climb's in the Swanage and Portland areas with names from Stranglers titles and lyrics.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE