Rim Fire Rifle Question....:)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
My first rimmy was a cz, cracking rifle, should never have sold it, bought a Smith and wesson mp15/22 loved that also shot very well.
Now have a custom 10/22 volquartson barrel trigger etc,
first pic shows mp15/22 second is a rubbish pic of my ruger.
also for 22 lovers a virgin forum to play in
www.totally22.co.uk

Which do you prefer using, the S&W or the Ruger? I'm having second thoughts about the S&W as I'm not sure about getting hold of parts etc if the US stop them being sold. I've been looking again at getting a 10/22 and adding a few bits to make it more user-friendly for a lefty.

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
They will never stop the mp in the states, so i wouldnt worry. If the choice was between a bog standard ruger and a mp then the mp every time. My ruger has a 300 quid target barrel and trigger so its not fair to compare. The mp is a blast to shoot and strikes hard, and when shooting mini mags, you get a little kick, nakes you feel like your shooting something bigger. I really miss the MP, last round auto bolt open full size mags and good grouping at 100 yards. Miles better than a out of the box ruger. And loads of bolt on goodies, adjustable stock. Everything magpull fits. Trigger has a hard pull though as does everything from the states. I think there is a Ar drop in trigger now.
Im right handed, but have a right lazy eye, which seems to be getting worse with age. I now shoot keft handed, but all my rifles are right handed. I just choose rifles without a cheek swell. Browning xbolt .308, cz 527 .222 and my ruger has a hogue over molded stock, all can be shot left or right handed.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Just put a hogue stock on and shoot it left handed,

Funnily enough I'm looking at the 10/22 tactical that comes with a Hogue stock.

I've shot a S&W MP15-22, and really like it, and several Rugers that I find a bit fiddly left handed. On the other hand the club where I shoot, 90% of people use the Ruger and I know dealers and people who mod them so I would have plenty of help if I need to tweak anything.

As I think the MP may be caught by any assault rifle ban in the states I'm a bit concerned of getting hold of parts such as the 25 round mags, and I think there's a chance the UK government might try and do something similar here. At least with the Ruger many more people seem to make parts for it and there's a large 2nd hand market.

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
you have seen the ruger sr22 havent you... the wont ban a style of rifle more like the action, i wouldnt worry mate, if the ban them here they will ban all semi autos. I cant see that happening. By what you really want, our club has shed loads of mags,

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Yes, I've seen quite a few SR-22 rifles in use. However, as I understand it they may well be caught under the proposed assault rifle ban even though if you drop the stock off and put a non-military stock on they wouldn't be. I.e. it's very much to do with the looks and not the action (daft I know).

Even if I ignore that the Ruger is tempting because I know so many people with them and people who mod them.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
whhhhop whhhooooooop, licence all done and rifle now got....:)

CZ 452 shot barrel with my air rifle scope 6x40, will do the job for bunnies i think...;)

thanks for the advise gents, but still really want a semi auto for fun shooting, was thinking of a sig 5/22 basically an m4 in .22.....:) looks very fun...

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
If your after semi auto plinking fun Lanny, the cmmg is good kit. I'm 1000+ rounds through mine on the cheapest remy 22 ammo out there and its never once let me down or had a stoppage

Posting from my sick bed on android, so cant get the pic to work-scratch that, got it.

Last edited:

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
If your after semi auto plinking fun Lanny, the cmmg is good kit. I'm 1000+ rounds through mine on the cheapest remy 22 ammo out there and its never once let me down or had a stoppage

Posting from my sick bed on android, so cant get the pic to work-scratch that, got it.

going to print this and have some me time.....if you'll excuse me :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE