Revenant Ultimate bush craft movie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Meant to post up about this the other week. I've watched it a few times now, can't get enough! Some fantastic bushcraft/survival moments in there without it feeling 'hollywood'. It has a really natural feel to it and a real attention to detail, even down to the way snow melts on a dead horse.

Unfortunatly, it means any new films I've watched recently have paled in comparison, all except the Martian. I just watch the two of them on repeat to get my fix :)

beezer

Forager
Oct 13, 2014
lockerbie
ermmm ye but what about star wars. not very bushcrafty tho:eek:

i have been meaning to get the martian and revenant will be on the top of my next shopping list.

later dudes

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
The bear attack was graphic as hell, glad i never seen that just before i headed into the Adirondack mountains alone last year, how the hell you meant to play dead if it is gonna do that and at what point do you decide the bear is not gonna leave me alone so i had better fight back and how the hell do you fight back.

Just to clarify my ramblings, advice to follow if attacked by a bear is first to make yourself look big and make lots of noise as bear is apparently as scared of you as you are of it and it is just trying to feel safe against another predator, but if bear doesn't feel scare off and instead physically attacks this is when you play dead so the bear can beat you and feel safe but if it doesn't leave you alone and starts to eat you then this is the time to fight back.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Or at least hope you give it a really bad tummy ache as an act of retribution. :eek:

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Not seen it yet... seen The Martian... that was one amazing film, very enjoyable.

As for Star Wars... apparently they've planned Star Wars films for the next 100 years, so no rush to see it... I'll wait til it comes out on DVD... have a feeling I know what the story will be already they've released that many trailers and previews.

Film I'm looking forward to is Deadpool. I'm a massive fan of the comic and if they keep it true, it should be funny with proper cringe moments. The trailers make it look excellent... especially the latest red band trailer released on Christmas Day.

Dec 10, 2015
South Wales
I have not seen it yet. A few people I know have and I ask them how close to the Hugh glass story it really is all I get back is blank stares. So... How close is it to the true story?

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Film I'm looking forward to is Deadpool. I'm a massive fan of the comic and if they keep it true, it should be funny with proper cringe moments. The trailers make it look excellent... especially the latest red band trailer released on Christmas Day.

It looks to be shaping up pretty well eh, ryan renolds is perfectly cast too...he's done pretty well for himself out of comic books hasn't he
From blade through green lantern, x-men, and now deadpool

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
I have not seen it yet. A few people I know have and I ask them how close to the Hugh glass story it really is all I get back is blank stares. So... How close is it to the true story?

I would say his real story, deserved much more than a 2 hour movie. That being said i thought it was great.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
It looks to be shaping up pretty well eh, ryan renolds is perfectly cast too...he's done pretty well for himself out of comic books hasn't he
From blade through green lantern, x-men, and now deadpool

Never really liked the Blade films (or comics) but the Green Lantern was horrendous and what they did to Deadpool in X-Men Origins was unforgivable... you can't sew the mercs mouth shut!

Have high hopes though... especially with it being rated for adults rather than kids and Deadpool is already breaking the 4th wall in the trailers... so it should be on the ball. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a confrontation with The Punisher... it happened in the comics, but if they put it into a film, I'll be one giddy kipper!

tsitenha

Nomad
Dec 18, 2008
Kanata
There is a difference between a black bear attack and a grizzly bear attack. Black bear intimidate and fight back, grizzly/brown bear stay immobile as possible, protect vitals, play dead if you resist the bear will keep attacking till your quiet, your choice.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
tsitenah: it is a true story as you know. Fight blacks with everything you got. Roll up for the Grizz.

Bloody and brutal winter filming in Alberta.
Probably the most expressive work that DiCaprio has ever done. Just Bucking Frutal.

For those of you who do not need to consort with bears, pay attention.
A Grizz can sprint at 35mph and kill a galloping horse. We have small school kids to protect.
The big cats are for another day.

tsitenha

Nomad
Dec 18, 2008
Kanata
RV, there are first nation stories of plains grizzly running up to running bison and taking them down....Running will not save yourself except if I am there, all you have to do is outrun me :lmao:

tsitenha

Nomad
Dec 18, 2008
Kanata
One of the 2 that abandoned Hugh Glass was a youngster that gained a legendary status as Jed Bridger. Hugh caught up to both of them and killed the other one and spared young Jed because of his inexperience and youth.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
The Revenant isn't out here until the 14th, I look forward to seeing it in the Cinema. Cast and bushcrafty themes aside, both the director and cinematographer have been involved in quite a few films that I've enjoyed and apparently The Revenant is a beautiful piece of cinema.

I really liked The Martian, I couldn't manage more than a couple of chapters of the book though, so one of those rare things where (IMHO) the film was better than the book.

I went to see Star Wars more because I wanted to see it before I read a spoiler, however it didn't really work for me, not a bad film, but not a great one either.

Last edited:

tsitenha

Nomad
Dec 18, 2008
Kanata
He had a chance to kill the elder one who had become a soldier, while he was in barracks but thought better than being caught for it. He caught up to him later and finished him.

I thought he didn't kill either of them as one was young and the other was then a serving soldier. As a soldier he was protected by law.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE