Return to Snowdonia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Brilliant.

I've been doing a bit of walking in Wales whilst I'm working down here, and I walked the Glyders last year. I covered them in two walks after work on beautiful evenings and didn't see a soul. I fact the only person that I saw in a whole summer of evening walks was one bloke on his way down Arenig Fawr as I was walking up.

Cheers, Michael.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Superb trip and AAR, fellas! How do you two like the Sawyer Mini filter? Pete, how do you like the mini as an inline filter? Any issues with the filter or tips to share? Thanks for taking the time to post the review!

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Thanks for the comments guys. :)
Superb trip and AAR, fellas! How do you two like the Sawyer Mini filter? Pete, how do you like the mini as an inline filter? Any issues with the filter or tips to share? Thanks for taking the time to post the review!

It was the first outing with the Sawyer, it's replaced my inline Aquagauard eliminator and Webtex inline (The same unit). I like the unit a lot. The flow is much quicker and it's less bulky and obtrusive. One thing I've noticed is that my systems with the inline paper pre-filter (Fuel filter) seem to go much longer without needing backflushing, even in very clean looking water. It seems a much tougher unit too in construction. All the quick release parts fitted on with a few changes to barb connectors and pipes.
We found that the syringe thats supplied with the Sawyer to backflush is not needed. All it needs is a plastic bottle and cap with a hole in the centre to fit over the pipe ends (Paul did it with a hot tent peg) and squeeze the bottle to backflush. It means you have use of the bottle to drink out of too and only a spare bottle cap with a hole is carried.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
One thing I've noticed is that my systems with the inline paper pre-filter (Fuel filter) seem to go much longer without needing backflushing, even in very clean looking water. It seems a much tougher unit too in construction. All the quick release parts fitted on with a few changes to barb connectors and pipes.
We found that the syringe thats supplied with the Sawyer to backflush is not needed. All it needs is a plastic bottle and cap with a hole in the centre to fit over the pipe ends (Paul did it with a hot tent peg) and squeeze the bottle to backflush. It means you have use of the bottle to drink out of too and only a spare bottle cap with a hole is carried.

Thanks for the top tips Pete! Sweet setup you have; I do like the inline pre-filter idea! So, with the extra hole punched cap lid you only carry the weight of the lid versus the backflow syringe. Nice!

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Thanks for the top tips Pete! Sweet setup you have; I do like the inline pre-filter idea! So, with the extra hole punched cap lid you only carry the weight of the lid versus the backflow syringe. Nice!

Pleasure Gordy. :)

I reckon a 500ml bottle with flip top lid and little spout might eliminate the drilled cap too. Always nice to have a clean 500ml bottle for mixing cold drinks/milk powder or the like. Easily washed out and sterilised to do the backflush if needed.

MORFY

Jan 13, 2013
surrey
Nice rep guys, inspires me, hope it does same for others.
Glad you like the Sawyer, looking to get one too as my filter has no facility for back flushing.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Nice one chaps !!! I was stuck in revising !!!!! Plenty of brews consumed.......... And the baileys????!!! 😉 thanks for posting, I fancy a trip to Wales again soon not been for years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Plenty of Baileys turbo coffee whitener as usual. :)

No doubt it won't be the last trip to wales this summer, might be an idea to do a training weekend there? Rich keeps threatening to step foot into the Dragons realm too and we don't need to bear bag the food from the Ninja lakes foxes. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE