Regular Devon( south west ? ) get together??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
Sounds like a good plan, I'm not sure if dave has a maximum number of people on site or not?
I have the RV in Cornwall at easter but apart from that, SWMBO allowing, I'm open as far as date.:D
Oh I have just been informed my mother will be down for her yearly inspection on the a/end of the 2nd of may!:banghead:

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
does that mean you want and excuse to get away on the 2nd of may? :D

Unfortunately I'm working all over that bank holiday, so I can't help you mate ;)

I'll be working as an psudo-celtic blacksmith for a live action role play group near Okehampton, The Dumnonni Chronicles have their big Outlaw bash and along with a group of others I create background atmosphere while 'fixing' broken rubber armour :lol:

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
Dude, if they need a dragon:lmao:
Sorry mum!:D

Seriously tho, I just had a look at there site, that's sounds brilliant!!

Mar 31, 2009
exeter
although i've been a guest for two years on this site, i've now joined the ranks,you could add one more to the list if you like,i live in exeter so its not far from me,in fact i can smell cheriton bishop from here, hehe

Mar 31, 2009
exeter
does that mean the 2nd of may at ashclyst is a goer then,what time,do i /we have to crb checks, its not a problem just makes me sick to the back teeth

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
Bank Hols are definitely out for me because of work.
My customers are tourists so I need to be around when they are.

Any other weekends are no problem except for during the school summer hols,when I have more chance of being handcuffed to a ghost than getting a weekend off.:lmao:

GS

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Dave , My advice would be to just pick a date that you are happy with, It tends to be sods law that you want be able to get everyone together on a given date.

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
I think teedee's right, dave if you come up with a date that sits well with you and a max on people, and we'll see who can make it! Hopefuly it will not be the last time we get a meet sorted so if some of us can't make the date then hopefully they can make the next!

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
dates are easy to pick for me (though I will have to fetch my diary). Basically it would be the ONLY day(s) I'm not already booked to teach or demonstrate this side of september! :lol:

will get dates in a bit ;)

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Right, looking at my diary, the only weekend before the start of october:

May 9th-10th.

So who fancies a little get together at my place?

shall we meet up saturday late afternoon for a bite to eat around the camp fire and then into sunday? That way those who can only get away for the evening are sorted and those who would like to camp over can do to. I'm sure we can find things to amuse ourselves in the woods :D

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon

May 9th-10th.

shall we meet up saturday late afternoon for a bite to eat around the camp fire and then into sunday? That way those who can only get away for the evening are sorted and those who would like to camp over can do to. I'm sure we can find things to amuse ourselves in the woods :D

Sounds like a plan. Shall I pencil it in?
Dave - if you need any help with set-up drop us a PM

Goodonya.

LBL

Quarryman

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2009
Kernow

May 9th-10th.

Hey Dave, any chance you could wait until May for that bolt delivery?

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon

May 9th-10th.

Sounds good to me.
You do realise that Sat 9th is a full moon:yikes:

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
Hi guys - I may be able to make at least a part of this; I'm expecting to be away on business until May 9. It will depend on the flight times as to whether I'd be able to make the saturday afternoon/evening, but I should be able to make Sunday... I won't know until the trip is confirmed, which is usually 10 days before we leave! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE