Regular Devon( south west ? ) get together??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Anymore interest in this? So far just Four willing to meet upfor a pint?

I am trying to gauge if there is sufficient interest and motivation to take this further so can people chip in if Its currnently just the Initial meet up date that deters you??

If you can respond and give me some insight into if a regular camp did get off the ground , when and how often would be best? Ie Bi-monthly Fri meetup-Saturday Endex? etc

I up for a camping meet up...just cannot make the date of the next pint. Sorry.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
On the note of CRB Enhanced. I have one so camping at a scout site should not be a problem. And to be honest with you - and as a father of two - if I was letting my son go camping without me on a scout site and there were adults camping inthe same place who could be anyone - I would sleep easier if they were CRB'd. Don't want to start and argument but that's just my preference. It only takes one to spoil it for everyone and ruin a life.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Good news chaps. I may be about for a pint after all! :beerchug:

I was planning to be working at the outdoor show this weekend, but that fell through due to lack of communication (not on my part :cussing: ). So rather than going up for the day and spending some time with the Midland bunch, I thought I would stay home and get some work done ;)

While I'm here I thought I should get out to join you all in Topsham on friday night :D

So, who fancies coming for a look around my woods on saturday? :theyareon

I'm in Cheriton Bishop, about 15 miles west of Exeter.

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
Ok Dave now I am confused :confused: :confused:

The meet up at Topsham is the 27th is it not??
Which is not this friday but the following one,or has it changed?

Helllpp :confused:

GS

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
Good news chaps. I may be about for a pint after all! :beerchug:

So, who fancies coming for a look around my woods on saturday? :theyareon

I'm in Cheriton Bishop, about 15 miles west of Exeter.

That's an 4rse Dave, I'd liked to be able to go and have a look but I'm working on Saturday.
Do you still have working parties/site clearing?

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
great news about you joining us for a beer dave, i'd be up for a bit of a nose around your wood on saturday!!

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
we can sort out the details of where and when on the evening I guess.

Harryhawk, I will be having more working parties later in the year. most likely in the winter but I do have some ideas that could do with many hands to make light work in the summer (I just need to find the time my self!)

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
All those going tomorrow be sure to set Sky+, Freeview+ or video.
21.00 BBC1 The Real Swiss Family Robinson. 1st of a 4 part series following families fight for survival on a desert island.
See you tomorrow, Harry.

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
Way ahead of u mate! Should be hilarious!! See you all tonight!
Oh, Should we all be wearing a rose or somthing to recognize each other :)

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
I'll tag along too if there's no objections!

Way ahead of u mate! Should be hilarious!! See you all tonight!
Oh, Should we all be wearing a rose or somthing to recognize each other :)

Won't we all be the ones dressed in OG, stout boots, wide-brimmed hat, shemagh round the neck and a leather possibles pouch (no Mora!) hanging off the belt? :p

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Oh Matt , OG is Sooooo Last year!! Don't you know 'Tan' is this news OG?

Seriously I tend to wear a Brown baseball cap most places , so if you see someone big and Ugly , thats me..!!!

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Well, it was good to meet up with those of you that made it (there were 8 of us!). It was a funny little pub, but quite pleasent and had good beer. Shame I was driving :(

We should do it again soon :)

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
Definitely be up for that.

Was good to meet you all and to put some faces to the names.

Not sure which one was Dave Budd though :D :D :D :D

GS

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Yep, good to meet up.

Most def. the weirdest little pub I've been into for quite some time. I could'nt quite believe the size of the 'snug' bar. Cozy!!

the big guy

Feb 5, 2007
devon
good to meet some like minded people.thought you lot would be a bunch of wierdos but the missus assures me its only me thats obsessive about sharp things & fire.A good bunch, so if any of you guy's fancy a trip to stelf camp on the moor in a oak & willow woodland for some skill swapping & beer around the fire let me know.:beerchug:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE