Regular Devon( south west ? ) get together??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Hi guys i'd love to join you all in the fun...
I'm going to be on Dartmoor with my Ten Tors team that weekend but will come down for the sat afternoon and night - just need to make sure i am back to welcome them over the finish line lol

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
looks like we're on then! :red:

The full moon just means that (weather pending) the eveing will be even brighter and some of us may be a little more hairy :yikes:

What time shall we meet up?

I'll get some directions and what not sorted out and then let everyone know where to go to in good time ;)

Quarryman, of course the bolts can wait til may mate ;) I seriously doubt I would get the chance to do anything with them before then anyway :eek:

Anybody in the area is welcome to pop along Tengu :)

time for putting flesh on the bones of this?

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Hmmm, I'm without a car so was planning on getting the bus to/from Cheriton Cross. So far as I can tell though they don't run on Sundays so I've got a few choices:

1) not stay overnight
2) get a lift back on Sunday
3) walk back (about 3 hours) on Sunday
4) stay out Sunday night too, perhaps elsewhere nearby on the moor.

Number 4 would be ideal but if I can't spare two nights out that week, I wonder if anyone could spare me a lift back?

I wonder if we should organise some food between us guests -- say one person brings some bacon and eggs for brekky, another some potatoes, another some onions and carrots, another a couple bunnies...

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
Yeah me to mate, we'll not leave u stranded, we should double up as much as poss so we take up as little parking as we can!?

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I wonder if we should organise some food between us guests -- say one person brings some bacon and eggs for brekky, another some potatoes, another some onions and carrots, another a couple bunnies...

good plan :)

Do the bunnies come with short skirts and a maid's outfit? :D if so then bring lots :35: :35:

Craven is on to something too. IF people can carshare it will make parking easier ;)

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
i'm happy to bring one or two as long as i don't have to drive 50 miles to pick up,:rolleyes: :lurk: i'll be coming from tiverton way if thats any help to anyone! :D

as for food what do we all like? we could try some experimental stuff?? anyone ever cooked in a ground oven?

what do we all think?

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Do the bunnies come with short skirts and a maid's outfit? :D if so then bring lots :35: :35:
Nah mate they come completely naked!

Is there anything that anyone won't/can't/would prefer not to eat? Meat, fish, eggs, wheat, etc. Also how many will be wanting an evening meal and how many brekky?

It'd be great if I could get a lift off someone, at least one way. I work on Saturdays so if anyone's able to give me a lift it'd have to be 1700 at the earliest (I can take my kit in with me in the morning if needed). It's across the road from Endicott's. There's plenty of buses though so if it's not convenient it's not a problem. A lift back Sunday would be great if I can't spend more than one night out or the weather's terrible. Else I'll take the opportunity to have a wander and make another day or two of it.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Me too!

my weekends off run from fri afternoon till monday morning so we would have to work our way round that

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
In terms of cooking kit on site, I have:

-pit oven with granite chunks for cooking (the only other rocks on site explode)
-couple of large pans that can go on fire (also a single frying pan)
-plenty of kettles
-a trivet over a fireplace
-small tripod for hangin stuff over fire
- some BBQ kebab skewers
-table for food prep

I might also get around to making an adjustable spit (as in spit roast) by then. I'm hoping to have one to display at a show the weekend before, but I want to make a scolds bridle for the show first ;)

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
It'd be great if I could get a lift off someone, at least one way. I work on Saturdays so if anyone's able to give me a lift it'd have to be 1700 at the earliest (I can take my kit in with me in the morning if needed). It's across the road from Endicott's.

That's not that shop with the blacked out windows? The one that sells certain types of films and ladies that inflate and deflate? :D :censored:

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
Hmm, u seem to know a little to much about this shop harry;)
Is there something you would like to share with the class?:p

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Dave you are a star.
Whats your favourite tipple? I'll bring you something for the sheer generousity you are extending to all of us.
Just as long as it's not a 67 Bollinger lol

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
Food wise I eat anything ,so just let me know what to bring.

Will probably bring a tarp which TBH I have never used before so any advice welcomed.

GS

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
GS what kit have you got i.e. tarp size, sleeping bag, bivvy bag etc??

i generally use a 3x2m tarp with a hammock, swollow 300 sleeping bag, closed cell foam sleeping mat for insulation and a bivvy bag, keeps me comfy and toasty, more importantly, dry!! i have used it without the bivvy bag but there can sometimes be dampness issues:eek: not fun! but, and i stress but not always.

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
Well I was planning to use my car boot bargains from last sunday.
DPM issue basha/tarp havent measured it £1
DPM issue goretex bivvy bag £1
100m paracord £1
Petzl mega zoom headlamp £2.50
DPM ??? bergen £2
Crusader cup £1
pair mess tins £1

Yes there was a bloke there with loads of surplus,I think we cleared him out in about 5 mins.:)

Yes I know its all dpm but it was cheap,in fact thats my best week at the car booty for a while.;)

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
Wow:You_Rock_ , I want to go car bootin with u!! That's a whole lot a kit for not very much dosh! Nice one!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE