Red Wing boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
The only time i've heard of Redwing before was bikers. I think Arnie 'accquired' some Redwing boots in the original and subsequent Terminator movies, along with some clothes and a motorcycle. Did'nt know they had more models in their range. I see what you mean about price. Good find!

Treemonk

Forager
Oct 22, 2008
Perthshire
I worked in forestry and wildland firefighting in the states for a while and red wings had a decent reputation - not quite up to Whites standard but pretty good.

Which reminds me, I really must get my whites sent back and resoled...

Native Justice

Forager
Apr 8, 2008
Littleton, CO USA
I found the quality, fit and finish of Redwing boots to be impeccable. I have four pair of their shoes/boots and believe they're worth every dime (2 pairs of dress shoes, 1 pairs of steel toe boots, and one pair of cordura light hikers). The leather quality is superb. The soles and arch support are terrific and after 4 years of heavy use still look nearly brand new. There is no break in period with these shoes! Try 'em, you'll love 'em!

NJ

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Great, some really positive replies. I wasn't expecting that actually lol.

I was going to ask for suggestions in a similar style but slightly cheaper. I don't like the look of the whites ones. can't seem to figure out why the heel looks shorter than the shoe at the back there. Kind of like something mary poppins would wear. It's the same on one style of the redwings too so there must be a reason for it. I think the heel on hunter wellies is the same and it bugs me a little. £150 is a hell of a lot but i strongly believe in buying quality even if it costs slightly more you end up only buying once.

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
If memory serves, Earl Shaffer walked the entire Appalachian Trail wearing Red Wing workboots with the heels shaved down so they wouldn't snag on rocks. Durability would seem to be a given based on that :)

trail2

Nomad
Nov 20, 2008
Canton S.Dakota (Ex pat)
I have a pair that is11 years old I wear for upland bird hunting. About the best boots I have had for this activity. I know a lot of people who will own nothing else.
For heavy duty hiking I like Rockies. But that wasn't part of the question.
Jon R.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE