Red Squirrels in your area?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tallyho

Feb 7, 2010
workington
2 weeks ago there were 20+ in the wood over the road from me. Today there is only 1 young immature inexperienced male left. The Grey reapers and the pox got em.
At half past a sparrows fart this morning the little fella(i've named him 'just the one ticket please') was up the beech tree munching the mast like scooby snacks. I'm sure he was aiming for me with the outer casings. I spoke to a guy from my village and he says hes shot over 30 greys in 4weeks and he knows others have been out hunting them also. 6weeks ago there were none in the area. I'm beginning to think someone in London is running sight seeing coach trips up here for them.

Anyone had any noted success in trapping greys on a large scale? Any lonely female reds out there need a date? 'Just the one ticket please' would like to hear from you. :D

Last edited:

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
It was really nice to see so many reds in Scotland when we went up there. Down this way the greys are quite prolific. When I was younger a local farmer asked me to thin the numbers a bit to let his newly planted trees have a chance. Now it's back to how it used to be and the land is under new ownership with no need to control them. The trees are looking great now though :)

Tiger Eyes

Dec 3, 2007
Norfolk
I saw my first wild red squirrel as an adult whilst on Holiday on the Isle of Wight, the children were thrilled unfortunately there are non where I live in Norfolk, I remember as a child (30 years ago shhh) there was some in Robinsons park in Bedford though I don't know how long ago they dissappeared :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE