Red squirrels are making a come back in Fresh fields.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Red squirrels are making a come back in Fresh fields.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-18825802

I used to work on a shoot a few miles away (Little Crosby) and we where plagued with Greys, to the point we used to shoot on sight, so it's nice to read a story about the native reds making a comeback from the Pox they Greys introduced. I am hoping they have now built up a immunity as if they keep spreading I might be lucky and see a few down where I live due to the nature corridor of the Transpenine trail being right behind my house.

Chris.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Great news. I've not been for a wander around freshfields for a few years now. I'll have to remedy that.

Sent from my phone.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Great news. I've not been for a wander around freshfields for a few years now. I'll have to remedy that.

It is a lovely area, when I was in collage we helped out there from time to time, and I can tell you when your in a really secluded area an you can hear the sea and eating your lunch and a a red runs in front of you and you feed it a snickers a snickers bar prity much at your feet you feel so relaxed it's unreal.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE