Rob Evans Bushtool with buttplate (also posted in Full Members area)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Hello all,

I've posted the same thread in the Full Members Classified area - I hope it's ok to post in both. My apologies if it's not and I'll remove one if required.

I'm looking for a good condition Rob Evans Bushtool with buttplate. It does not need to have a sheath, though a sheath is always welcome, especially if it's made specifically for the knife.

Ideally I'd like a 52100 bearing steel blade with a bright handle - I'm worried about losing the knife after reading the account of the bushtool that was lost for a year then refurbished. That story convinced me that the Rob Evans Bushtool was the one for me, especially after the excellent article by Ruud comparing the SBT with Rob's Bushtool.

I'd prefer a brown(ish) butt end and a brighter coloured part towards the blade (so the brighter bit doesn't show when the knife is sheathed).

I'd prefer three bolts + a couple of holes, but I'm very willing to take advice or comments about handle configurations and their relative comfort in use. I am open to other configurations too, but I do need a lanyard hole near the butt.

I think the one advertised earlier

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128581

would have been a good bet, but I missed it by a day as I was away when the advert went up - story of my life, eh?

All the above is my ideal. I realise I will probably have to order one to hit all the targets, so I'm open to offers.

If possible, please will you post a picture (or include a picture if you PM me)?

Fellow BCUKers, can anyone help me?

All the best.

Please note:
I am in contact with Rob Evans about ordering a new Bushtool from him. He tells me that he's hit a snag that means there could be a longish wait for new customers wishing to buy a Bushtool with a buttplate. I am prepared to wait if that's what it takes. However, I thought I'd ask in case there's a suitable used one available.

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Nothing out there?

My specs are my dream version. What are the good, solid examples that might be available?

I'm open to what's out there.

All the best.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE