Red Kite comeback - heads up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
On the BBC report this morning a guy from the RSPB said that the reintroduction wasn't going so well due to illegal poisoning of the birds by gamekeepers. Mind you a couple of years ago I was in the black isle, I talked to a lady from the RSPB there and she reckoned the failure was due to bad climatic conditions for them...

I

IBrown

I love sitting in my garden hearing them and seeing them. This time of year their aerial display is brilliant. One of the best places to watch them apart from my garden is the Golden Ball on West Wycombe Hill.

kodiakjoe

Apr 11, 2011
Leeds
suprisingly successful re-introduction at Harewood in Leeds has led to them being seen regularly in North and East Leeds, even had them over our house in urban Horsforth, fantastic site!

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Saw Red Kites on three consecutive days from the back garden just a few weeks back (South Downs), magnificent sight

smallholder

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2009
Cornwall
I love sitting in my garden hearing them and seeing them. This time of year their aerial display is brilliant. One of the best places to watch them apart from my garden is the Golden Ball on West Wycombe Hill.
I used to live your way, the most i have seen in one group was 17. I have also been to the Gigrin farm for the feeding see the below photos.
kite2.jpg

kite1.jpg

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Last week I was up at Claerwen dam, in the Elan Valley, near Rhayader. Here's a couple of shots I took:

5647474940_bb6fc055a3_z.jpg

5646910563_d65346bc82_z.jpg

5646910241_d5fcaee857_z.jpg

It was fun to watch this bird flying through the arches of the dam rather than over it, so as to stay low to the strong wind blowing down the valley. I could watch them for hours.

Scipio

May 1, 2011
Reading
We have dozens and dozens flying over my garden here in Reading. We put meat out on our shed roof and down they come. I love the way they fold their wings to dive, amazing and beautiful.

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
Those are some stunning shots Harvestman, what a beautiful bird! :)

Wish I could see some. :(

We have a few honey Buzzards not to far away though so it is not all bad. And some Buzzards nesting in the woods at then end of our field.

jonquirk

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2007
Guildford
We're starting to get them over Ascot from time to time. I usually stop what I'm doing to watch them for as long as they remain in view; always an inspiring sight.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE