Red Dead Redemption?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Not very bushcrafty I know, but is anybody as blown away by this as I am? I've been waiting for a game like this for years! I've never been keen on X-Box, I own a Wii and PS2 but this game has converted me! Gun was nice for the PS2 but Rockstar has created the perfect free roaming cowboy game in my opinion. Setting up camp for the night makes me smile every time:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOpKJ6hjPIM

I don't spend much time playing video games, but this one could change that!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Been looking forward to this one for a while, I only by one game every so often so I'm due one about now. Gun was a great game for me too but it was just too short.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I reckon you'll be loving this one Rich! The slo-mo gun draws are far better on this and it's MASSIVE compared to Gun. If you only buy one game this summer it should be this one in my opinion. I wouldn't even play an x-box until this came out! It's like San Andreas but cowboys instead of Crips and Bloods!!! £35 at Argos this week then it goes up to £40...

I'm not a gamer, and don't own any of the consoles, but I was very impressed by the graphics on the trailers, and the free roaming feel of the concept.
Too much screen time at work though, trying to spend free time doing other stuff. (When not checking BCUK!)

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
not played it tbh, although i only have a Wii so the graphics won't be as good.
i've been playing buckets of Napoleon Total War anyways. VIVE L'EMPEROR!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought our native squirrels were getting butch and fighting back. My GF thought it was about shoes :11doh:

MI5_Dog

Mar 5, 2010
Perth
Stay away from it! It's a giant black hole for time.
I sat down to play it for 5 minutes and 15 hours later I'm crawling into bed ;)

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Yup! As my mate said, it's the only time he's seen 7 of his friends online playing the same game. Usually on a nice weekend like we just had we're all down the park playing footie and frisbee and stuff, there were only 5 of us including my wife and lad as everybody else was sat indoors playing this :yikes: You've been warned!
I wouldn't consider myself a gamer, I'm lucky to spend an hour or two a week on my Wii and that's with my lad as a treat doing puzzles and playing Zelda so he can raz around on a horse. I might end up as yet another light fearing sex-box zombie addict because of this game!

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Looking out for an opportunity to sneak this into the house....
Currently having a go at "Oblivion" PS3....

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
It looks really good, and as already said if its anything like gun it will be awesome! I love my free roaming games, dead rising, fallout3 and left for dead are in my top lot! :)

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I am playing the single player campaign at the moment and must say visually i think its the best game on the Sony ( maybe along with MGS4 ) I am however unused to the GTA series and find the gameplay a little stilted? It doesn't seem to have the flow of Oblivion ( still great ) or Fallout 3 ( brilliant ).

The size and scale of this game to me indicates that it may be a better game for multiplayer and i can imagine that working incredibly well forming up posse's and hunting down no-gooders or forming your own clan gang and painting the town ..er,..Red.

Still getting my teeth into it but it does it up time like a cancer and may cause a few domestics worldwide.

Thumbs-up Rockstar.

MI5_Dog

Mar 5, 2010
Perth
Not in any way suitable for a 12 year old.
Contains excessive very crude swearing and a rather graphic sex scene.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Not in any way suitable for a 12 year old.
Contains excessive very crude swearing and a rather graphic sex scene.

Actually , today I see exactly what your are refering to one of the NPC's opened up with a dialogue of very colourful expletives that would not be out of place in a Guy Ritchie Film. Def not fit for under 18's.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE