Red Berries.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ANDYRAF

Settler
Mar 25, 2008
St Austell Cornwall
Can someone ID these my book doesn't have clue.

RedBrambleMedium.jpg

RedBramble1Medium.jpg

They are growing amongst brambles.
The stems and leaves have like a brown fur around them.
Are they edible?:dunno:

Andy

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Don't take this as a positive ID, but they look like raspberries to me. I've seen them in the "wild" before, where "wild" was probably a garden at some point.

andy_bell

Dec 13, 2006
west yorkshire
Look a lot like rasberries to me as well, I see them around a lot, mainly where people have been fly tipping garden waste, they spread like mad and are very hard to get rid of. very tasty though!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Raspberries and brambles cross breed and produce funny things like Loganberries. If they're sweet, each of those little fruit balls has it's own seed, and it has prickles along it's stem and under the leaves, you've probably got a hybrid............might be quite tasty actually :D

cheers,
Toddy

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
They are exactly the same berry as I have found growing near where I live - my brother told me they were wild raspberry's, I have eaten them and they are delicious.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My raspberry canes don't either, my loganberries sure as h*** do though :(
The jaggy bits aren't a requirement. The important bits are the central core, the torus, and the seed containing druplets. If they are there I'd happily try munching a few.:)

Must be a wiki on this somewhere.

atb:) ,
M

Found one
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE