Recycling an old frame tent

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
I've bought a great big old frame tent for the grand sum of £20, mainly so that I could use some of the poles on a 7x9 army ridge tent that I picked up without its poles.

2rpsd9z.jpg

I unpacked it yesterday and can't believe how much canvas there is there.

1o3b5z.jpg

So far I'm thinking

1) cut off the roof section to make a 12x12 canvas tarp
2) a whole range of useful pull cord kit bags
3) a heavy duty replacement for the bottom of my polish bedroll

Any other suggestions? Check out the pics

Cheers, joab

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I bought an old Relum Paradiso frame tent a few years back with similar ideas in mind. It was in such good nick that we used it for a few years and I still haven't got round to recycling it.

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
I bought an old Relum Paradiso frame tent a few years back with similar ideas in mind. It was in such good nick that we used it for a few years and I still haven't got round to recycling it.

Haha, luckily this tent needs more than a bit of tlc, so it make sense to break it down to use for other things....phew! Not sure I could justify another tent in the collection! Although I have thought about making a one man ridge tent with the side pieces.

Is that your tent in the piccys? Love that lamp- is it a paraffin signalling lamp?

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Got to love bank holiday mondays, got lots done with the tent. Ive cut some of the poles down to fit the 7x9 army ridge tent, straightened out all the wonky tent pegs and made a start on a very reasonable canvas tarp- its all cut out just needs some tabs putting on....ive got a picky somewhere

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE