Recommended FAK resource

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
I've been interested in EDC for a long time and also First Aid.

I thought I'd like to share a good youtube channel by a retired US Naval Medic.

He focuses on good compact custom kits.

Vids of interest are the PFAK level 1 and the Blister kit

He does a good Level II too, but I've never been in a situation where I've had to get sutures out!

DISCLAIMER: A concise and complete kit list is no replacement for knowledge and training. Still, I thought some of you would find it interesting.

Caboose

Apr 7, 2011
uk
The only thing I don't like is that he uses quikclot. Quikclot binds to water molecles, which will help with more serious bleeding, but is not a good idea sometimes. If quikclot gets in your eyes, then it'll bind your eyes (for whatever reason, and yes it has happened in the past to people) then you might as well consider yourself blind in a time you don't want to be.

He should of done more research and be using celox, which is the same kinda product in the way that it does the same job. But binds only to red blood cells. Making it safer for both the patient and the person giving the aid. Then again, I talked to a para medic about quikclot and its application. He said he would never use it, and anyone who does really needs to know the situation for its application. I can't remember the exact reason as to why. But he cautioned me that i needed to know when to use it, and when to not. So I would recommend anyone looking for this information to go and ask someone with profesional knowledge.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE