Hello all. Central Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

allrightscud

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2013
Central Belt, Scotland
Hi folks. been a member for a bit but never posted yet so thought I should introduce myself. I found the site after doing a few searches for various bit and bobs and I must say I’ve found it a great resource for information and tips.

I've been an outdoors person all my life, I grew up on a farm, I shoot and hunt and have my own little plot of land and woods which I plouter about on and try to manage. I do a bit of leather work and knife making as well. Looking to try some home forging soon as well. I inherited my wives grandfathers leather and saddlery tools after he died so been playing about with them.

I've got more interested in bushcraft as the kids have got older and hence why I joined the site. Between the survival shows on TV really and being old enough for the cubs and scouts it has really set their imagination on fire especially where we live. It allows me to look up the answers and sound knowledgeable when they ask me questions and want to try stuff!

We went to the Bushcraft show this year as a family and the boys, 3 off, were impressed with the wild campers, hammocks and tarp set ups in the woods so we have a wild camp of our own on the cards within the next few weeks. Been on here looking at essentials packing and first aid kit contents. All good stuff.

1 question though. Is it just my set up or does the forum posts have the latest post at the top of the thread unlike most other forums. Just wondering as if its a long thread I need to find the begining to get the context of it as it shows on my page.

Last edited:

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Welcome aboard, you can change the way the posts appear, there is a thread somewhere.
Maybe look in the 'how do i' pages.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE