Recommended EDUCATIONAL FILMS about the propper classical way of BUSHCRAFT and SURVIVAL

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin

In my opinion such a wall behind the fire is relatively useless and surely not reflecting anything, and I doubt a relevant remission of heat in such a distance to the shelter.
But: It keeps some wind away and the wood can dry out if you want to burn it later. Especially in the snow you always have some snow in the bark and that can be dryed away like this.

All the wood that I collected as dry as possible I usually dry totally out around the fire before I burn it. If you do that you have to pay attention of course that the fire doesn't ignite the drying wood around it.

Last edited:

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin

The snow trench is well done, but it is necessary to close the door in the end completely or nearly completely, because if not cold air will float in the trench.

Last edited:

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
How to set up a classic
NATO TENT

US Army Tent

The German Army Tent
is very similar to the US Army tent and sold for very very low prices. For bushcraft it is unnecessary to buy and carry poles and metal pegs because we easily can make that stuff in the woods.
Cotton tents in general are relativly heavy but spark resistant and very long lasting.

With the tent half come 5 pole segments but on flat ground you have to use only 4 segments for each pole!

Lean to version for one person:

Open 2 man version with option to heat it with a fire in cold conditions:

One Bundeswehr (BW) tent half (BW Zeltbahn) used as rain poncho or coat:

https://youtu.be/W4REdXCFPEI

If it is well impregnated with a special cotton impregnation liquid it is relatively water proof.

This tent exists in an older oliv green version too.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE