Recommended EDUCATIONAL FILMS about the propper classical way of BUSHCRAFT and SURVIVAL

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Deleted by author to keep this thread clean as a manual.
Let's discuss different opinions somewhere else please.

Last edited:
Reactions: nitram55

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
A great pitty you felt you had to reply to this TeeDee. If you read what I said "Most (but not all)". I have been a member of two Bushcraft forums for a very long time now, & I base my comment on what I have seen & read on these forums. My post was intended to advise people to think for themselves & not take things at face value. Personally I think your reply is rude & does not help anyone at all
KHB.

That is the thing with opinions , if you are willing to potentially offend with your own opinions then you must also be prepared to be offended yourself by others.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Have a look on YT for Justin Barbour, the Newfoundland Explorer. He does my style of bushcraft/camping. Ie: travelling through the wilderness and enjoying it.

His films are awesome (in my humble opinion) and more of a documentary style rather than deliberately educational, but you can pick up a lot just by watching.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Erbswurst

Spirit fish

Banned
Aug 12, 2021
Doncaster
Got you, Erbstie!
Just looking on the picture in post #1, I see two problems:
1: he is using parts of living trees for his shelter. OK in a survival situation, not ok othervise.

2: then his fire....... strong guy, assembling those humungous logs!
And imagine if the large logs have a bit of resin rich parts. Nice fire then! Maybe the whole forest!
Small fire is the key to a nice time in the forest.
white man make large fire and sit far away native Indian make small fire and sit close

Reactions: Erbswurst

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Lower conifer branches are shade intolerant and self-pruning. Our lodge pole pine in particular. If anything, harvesting those branches diverts the carbon production to the upper part of the trees. Those branches can't do photosynthesis for squat so they wind up as net respiration carbon sinks.
Bigger growth rings higher up, a more cylindrical mainstem. Nice to build with.

Sit very close to the little fire to smell like old moose hide. Keeps the bugs away.

Recommended educational films? Take a long, hard look through the catalog from the National Film Board of Canada. They developed quite a reputation for making documentaries of our First Nations activities.

Get into the various subject segments in the west coast "Carving On The Edge" festival. Everything from 60' ocean going, whale hunting cedar log boats and smaller.
It's all on YT now, the Festival was broadcast by ZOOM. So for me, so far away, it was really exciting to participate.

Backed by at least 15,000 years here, the paleo/Neolithic practices of our First Nations happen nearly every day.

Reactions: Spirit fish

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE