Recommended EDUCATIONAL FILMS about the propper classical way of BUSHCRAFT and SURVIVAL

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
How and where to put up a
tarp / military poncho

Last edited:

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
The DD Superlight Tarps are the most common lightweight tarps in bushcraft circles.

Hilleberg Tarps are high end quality products.

Last edited:

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
DECATHLON TARP ARPENAZ KAKI
600g without cordage and poles

25 €

The very low price and the very low weight are very good reasons to burn your first spark holes in that tarp if you should be a beginner!

This Tarp is relatively light and long lasting.
It has only 6 attachment points at the sides and 1 attachment point in the middle, but usually that is enough, because it allowes the construction of the most usual set ups:
Lean to shelter, A-frame shelter, Plow point shelter and a triangular pyramide tent.

I use it a lot since a couple of years but I usually just take the military poncho with me for hiking, because that is the lighter and most compact version.

You can pitch that tent in the following video with the Decathlon tarp but not the other versions in the beginning of this thread. With the Decathlon tarp you don't have the option with the wide opened entrance that is showed in this video, because there are missing loops.

TROPICAL CONDITIONS

In my opinion hammocks are equipment for tropical conditions, even if one puts an insulation mat in it. With under quilt a hammock set up for cold weather becomes to heavy and bulky in my opinion.

The DECATHLON QUECHUA HAMMOCK costs only 10 €.
I use it with sleeping bag inside often during the summer in southern France in combination with the Decathlon Arpenaz Kaki tarp. Both are absolutely OK, relatively lightweight and very cheap.
I don't use it for trekking in Germany, where I use nearly exclusively military poncho and bivvy bag.

The ropes of the hammock are to short in my opinion. I replaced them immediately.

I don't find a video about that incredible light and compact head net here, but I want to mention the Sea to Summit Nano Head Net, which is probably the best option at the current market, if one carries it usually "just in case":
https://seatosummit.com/product/nano-mosquito-headnet/

Scarf / Mosquito Protection

Tarp and Hammock set up deep in the Jungle in totally wind protected conditions

Last edited:
Reactions: Reallybigmonkey1

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Hammocking in colder conditions
Spring / Autumn in Europe

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE