Recommendations Please - Which Gener Ingram for Bushcraft Use?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Boy

Oct 23, 2004
UK
Look like great quality knives and so time to get on the waiting list. Question is - which model will suit bushcraft use best? No 30 (mentioned elsewhere on BCUK) looks good for general use? Thoughts please? Also, D2 or something else? Thanks all. I will probably just also have to get a short bladed little knife as they look so handy!

leon-1

John Boy said:
Look like great quality knives and so time to get on the waiting list. Question is - which model will suit bushcraft use best? No 30 (mentioned elsewhere on BCUK) looks good for general use? Thoughts please? Also, D2 or something else? Thanks all. I will probably just also have to get a short bladed little knife as they look so handy!

Hi John Boy, I have a couple that are pretty good for Bushcraft use. The first was bought from one of the guys on BB, it is a #30 with african blackwood scales in D2 in a lot of ways it is my ideal knife.

The second is a #6 which has been modded to my spec made in S30V with linen micarta scales.

I bought a #5 for Neil1 for his Birthday and he'll tell you that it's a real user (once again S30V and linen micarta scales).

Personally I would be happy to take any one of the three into the sticks, I am not a big fan of knives with synthetic handles, but they make sense as they are pretty much impregnable to ingress of dirt and the like.

I like S30V (it holds a good edge and sharpens with more ease than D2 IMO), I live by the sea and just about everything down here succumbs to salt in the air, let alone anything else, so something that was heavily resistant to corrossion was definately the order of the day.

Adi007 reviewed the #30 with the modifications that I had asked for on my #6 (I know that gene hadn't done at least one of these before as he had asked for detailed descriptions from me and it must be said that the firesteel loop would never of been on the sheath without the help of Schwert :)).

All in all Gene is also very good to deal with, he communicates well and will deliver pretty much anything that you want (apart from a lightsaber) to a very high standard.

The people that have tools made by him will back me up when I say that it is some of the best quality that you can get for the price.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE