Recommend me a sleep mat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
I've got a hi gear full length mat from go outdoors, think it cost me about £40.00 to buy with the discount card, but they give a 10% armed forces discount or 10% DofE discount if that applies to you. The one i have is full length, black on one side and orange on the other. It inflates quite quickly but needs a bit of topping up to get it full. Its more comfortable than a foam mate for sure and just as warm + more compact to store. I would recommend it if you want an extra bit of comfort at night.

May 12, 2014
West Yorkshire
I forgot to update this, I did buy one on the weekend, same as you Tonyuk, a Hi gear full length mat. Got it for £30, its 4cm thick and 680g. I personally think that's quite good but ill find out when i take it for a test camp in a few weeks time. Yes I would like to spend £100+ on one that is as light as a matchbox and a high 'R' rating but i just haven't the money to do that, i'm hoping this one will suit my needs for the moment........only time will tell. Thanks for everybody's input on this, as usual you guys have been a great help.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Having used self inflating sleep matts, I now use an Exped Synmat 7 UL. Wouldn't go back to Self inflating matts ever again.

J

steingis

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2013
cleveland
I've got a hi gear full length mat from go outdoors, think it cost me about £40.00 to buy with the discount card, but they give a 10% armed forces discount or 10% DofE discount if that applies to you. The one i have is full length, black on one side and orange on the other. It inflates quite quickly but needs a bit of topping up to get it full. Its more comfortable than a foam mate for sure and just as warm + more compact to store. I would recommend it if you want an extra bit of comfort at night.

i have the 3/4 version of this its comfortable when i can stay on it and has lasted me a while i find it better to fold it flat and pack it that way rather than use the stuff sack

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE