recommend me a new multi tool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Just ordered myself a new wave from Amazon.com, wasnt sure if theyd deliver to the uk but they do. Got the wave, 40 piece bit set and bit driver extension for around £66 with postage, which is cheaper than I can find just the wave over here!

I like the look of the Leatherman MUT but it's spendy....

Got the MUT on there too for around £70 and if youve got an amazon.co.uk account all your details are on there too. Just thought Id share that in case anyone wants to save some money, they wont ship fixed blades over though - worth a try. :)

woodgrain

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 24, 2010
Gone
Me Swiss Tool X is built like the proverbial tank and has a real feel of quality about it. As has been said the ability to select a tool other than the pliers without having to open the beastie up is an excellent thing. All the tools are good, solid and work very well. The only downside I can see is that with some Leatherman models you get a kit with the varying screwdriver/hex bits, etc. If that ain't an issue then its a perfect tool.

Graeme :D

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
in a previous life as a maintenance egineer we had all sorts of tools on the team. most of them were models that i'd tried and sold on. the tool that i found to be consistantly the best is the humble leatherman blast.

pros:
the simple construction means no space is wasted so you get more tools for the same weight and bulk as you do on the flagship models like the wave and the charge. all the bits lock. the screwdrivers are longer and more useable than the wave and the blast, and it's half the price or less. you also get the scissors.

cons:
you can't open a blade one handed.

second choice, swiss tool.

cheers, and.

Jun 10, 2011
Reading, Berkshire
Just picked up a Leatherman Fuse from Clas Ohlsen this morning. £27.99, which I think is a pretty good price. It's the first multitool I've bought TBH, very pleased with it - looks like a quality piece of kit.

stekker

Forager
Aug 21, 2009
holland
Me Swiss Tool X is built like the proverbial tank and has a real feel of quality about it. As has been said the ability to select a tool other than the pliers without having to open the beastie up is an excellent thing. All the tools are good, solid and work very well. The only downside I can see is that with some Leatherman models you get a kit with the varying screwdriver/hex bits, etc. If that ain't an issue then its a perfect tool.

Graeme :D
Swiss tool also offers a set of screwdrivers/hexi-bits etc, the only thing is that you have to buy it.
But you have to buy it aswell with other brands of multitools.
A big advantage is that Swiss tool bits are the regular ones, other tools sometimes use flattened bits wich you cannot buy everywere.

Greeting Theo.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
A big advantage is that Swiss tool bits are the regular ones, other tools sometimes use flattened bits wich you cannot buy everywere.

It's quite easy to grind a bit holder down to fit the Leatherman so you can then use normal bits at will

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE