recommend me a new multi tool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Evening lovely people
my leatherman seems to have gone awol and i am feeling rather strange without it so time for a replacement.
However back when i bought my leatherman's there was only the leatherman pulse now there is a whole range of multi tools
what would you recommend? and why?
thanks in advance

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I have a Leatherman Wave II - very happy with it (in fact, I've bought 3 - lost one so bought another plus a spare)

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
My hand goes up for the Leatherman Core....It's not as flash as the wave etc but it's well priced and very robust. Even the British Army have started issuing them and for them to spend money on something it must be good!

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
This is what I rock baby! Leatherman PST 2002 edition, found one available for $62

298850_10150363103184073_539479072_9891246_7239694_n.jpg

Peanut

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2011
Essex
+1 for the Leatherman Wave. I carry one at work and use it every day. No problems so far and the blades are still scary sharp with just a quick touch up on the sharpmaker the other day

zed4130

Forager
Aug 4, 2011
poole
Ive been carrying a leatherman wave sine 98 after my dad got me the original wave for my birthday, i got the newer model about 2 years ago to replace it, these days i have the wave as my main carry as i love all the tools plus with a bit of grind work ive made extensions for the bit driver so thats opened my options a lot, ive also got a leatherman st300 and have had the original as well, great tool but heavy, great for heavy work ,i also still have a pst but the non locking blades drive me nuts as fold in now and then as they did on the old waves non locking tools, ive had a lot of multitools over the years including the pulse that i sold only a few weeks ago and the swisstool, the swisstool i found the drivers too slippy as heavly polished, they look nice but not as good as leathermans in my opinon ,if i had to have just one MT it would be the wave as a great alrounder,

here was a shot of a few LM's i had,
P1010289-4.jpg

zed4130

Forager
Aug 4, 2011
poole
Ive been carrying a leatherman wave sine 98 after my dad got me the original wave for my birthday, i got the newer model about 2 years ago to replace it, these days i have the wave as my main carry as i love all the tools plus with a bit of grind work ive made extensions for the bit driver so thats opened my options a lot, ive also got a leatherman st300 and have had the original as well, great tool but heavy, great for heavy work ,i also still have a pst but the non locking blades drive me nuts as fold in now and then as they did on the old waves non locking tools, ive had a lot of multitools over the years including the pulse that i sold only a few weeks ago and the swisstool, the swisstool i found the drivers too slippy as heavly polished, they look nice but not as good as leathermans in my opinon ,if i had to have just one MT it would be the wave as a great alrounder,

here was a shot of a few LM's i had,
P1010289-4.jpg

the bit kit i made for my wave,
P1010001-2.jpg

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Charge, without a doubt!

I have two and they get carried and used everyday and used hard (tradesman) for 7 years.

Have a wave too which is good but for me used to the handle on the charge if does seem a little uncomfortable.

S

Something In The Woodshed

Although I think the Charge ALX is the business I do like my Gerber Legend. Not as pretty as the Leatherman, and the ergonomics are a little odd, but very tough with replaceable blades.

zed4130

Forager
Aug 4, 2011
poole
although ive not had a charge i know many that have, if you have the extra funds i would also say go for a charge TTi or a Alx as possibly more comfy, although ive never had a issue myself with the waves handles plus slimmer,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE