recommend me a good outdoorsy film

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Some one really has to add 'Danny, Champion of the world' and 'Kes' to this list.

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
Not a movie as such, and not new to this forum, but Lars Monsen's Nordkalotten series is available on YouTube with English subtitles thanks to the excellent channel set up by Opoi0 :You_Rock_

Just been watching them again myself. Really great Bushcrafty TV. Lars is the real deal, a real tough nut, and now I understand them, I love the whole ethos of these films.

For feature film suggestions, bearing in mind your first post, I'd second 'Last of the Mohicans'.

Chris

Rumcajs

Forager
Nov 13, 2009
Kielce, PL
www.jbohac.net
the last of the mohikans is a good movie

...they show the US marines taking and capturing the enigma machine but if you read history it was decoded and caught by the english navy and decoded by british secret intelligance...

drew

Enigma was first decoded by team of Polish cryptologists, mainly Mariana Rejewskiego, Jerzego Różyckiego i Henryka Zygalskiego in 1932, allowing for further work on decoding ciphers of continuously modernized Enigma machines first in Poland and after the outbreak of war in France and the UK.

Gweedo

Forager
Jun 23, 2005
Wales
Try Atanjaruat (the fast runner) for a good look at how the inuit go about their lives in the far north.

PS Just come back from the British Museum where they've got some brilliant exhibits of inuit clothing and tools

Peat

Forager
Aug 29, 2008
West country
Nanook of the North made in 1922 seems like it have bushcrafty relevance. It was the first ever feature length documentary film. I haven't actually watched it but i've got it sitting ready.

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
There seems to be a lack of comedy in this list so I'm adding 'Without a paddle'.
Hairy women, psychotic dope farmers and Burt Reynolds as a frustrated mountain man. What more could you ask for?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE