Recommend a Bushcraft knife

bivibish

Jun 24, 2010
Scotland
Hi ,

I'm looking to get a Bushcraft knife , i currently have a Falkniven F1 with black leather sheathe but i find its a bit soulless , if that makes any sense .
I am looking for a knife with a leather sheathe which can accomodate a fire steel and the knife has to be a good all rounder , ideally i would prefer a knife sheathe with firesteel and small diamond sharpener on the front , the 2 knifes i like the look of are as follows.

http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/the-timberwolf-bushcraft-knife-3664-p.asp

http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/...l-knife-firesteel--sharpener-combo-3201-p.asp

likes and concerns please before i spend the cash , Any input from experianced people will be great.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
You could ask one of the makers on here to make one for you.
There are some really good makers on here, and it would be made especially for you.

rancid badger

You could do worse than contact Bernie Garland, I'm not sure what his prices are like anymore, as I've not heard anything of him for ages but it'd be worth a chat with him, maybe?

There are quite a few BG knives out there now and they crop up for sale from time to time on here.

This is mine:
P3120005.jpg

with the custom I sheath I made for it:
P7070021.jpg

If you want something a bit different for a sheath, I'd be happy to give you a quote:eek:
P7270023.jpg

P7270016.jpg

P7270011.jpg

The Spyderco bushcrafter, in the pictures above is rather nice too.

cheers

R.B.

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England
Have to admit, I have been sliding towards The Timber wolf. Don't quote me on this, but I think that Siberianfury did a youtube review on one - which has almost convinced me.

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I would go for the Karesuando out of the two, it will weigh a fraction of the F1 for a start but its factory made and they are just OK on fit and finish IMO.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
i have both knives,
diffrent realy, the karesuando is a puukko, im not too keen on their 12c27 steel as it doesnt sharpen to easily.
the timber wolf is very heavy duty and comfortable for larger hands, the steel is also superiour in my eyes. with a batton the timber wolf if exxcelent as an alaround bushcraft knife, its a bit heavier than the karesuando but stronger.

if a puukko is what your after though and want somthing a bit diffrent i would be more than happy to make you one to your requirments with your choice of blade and handle ect, just drop me a pm if your interested.

burnsy1979

Jan 12, 2011
fife
these are the same two knifes i liked .but to sure which one to go for either ,they both look like nice knives .there is a good review for the timberwolf on you tube if that is any help

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE