Recomend me some good EOTWAWKI books

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I guess the "in the kack" thing makes for the entertainment...I tend to think through "how would I react" at that point. Having rejected the idea of getting roaring drunk.....

I do agree with Sam on "Dies the fire" - once you accept the basic premis, its a fantastic read

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I guess the "in the kack" thing makes for the entertainment...I tend to think through "how would I react" at that point. Having rejected the idea of getting roaring drunk.....

I do agree with Sam on "Dies the fire" - once you accept the basic premis, its a fantastic read

When I said "In the kack" I meant how the story of Kraken ended. It needed further chapters in my opinion. Sorta got to the end of the book and expected more. Clever ending though giving you the teaser that the world had turned the corner that all was not lost and that from the ashes a new world would begin. Inspired hope I suppose. Certainly thought provoking.

Too right about not crawling into a bottle and drinking yourself to denial. I doubt I'd ever resort to that. I find myself ALWAYS reading books with thoughts of "what would I do in that situation" in the forefront of my mind. But then I've always been like that, transposing myself into the plot and wondering what I would do. I do it in films as well. Good mental exercise I think.

Watched Season 1 of the Walking Dead the other day in a marathon session. Enjoyed that a lot! There were a few gaping holes in the plot that I did wonder at, but otherwise a good watch.

Dies the fire books will get looked at sometime soon. They're on my list of books I need to acquire at some point in the future.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Aaron check out 'Battle Circle' by Piers Anthony.
An interesting premise well thought out and applied in what is really a
collection of linked short stories.
It is very good.
Cheers , Simon

Suffolksteve

Forager
May 24, 2010
Suffolk
Watched Season 1 of the Walking Dead the other day in a marathon session. Enjoyed that a lot! There were a few gaping holes in the plot that I did wonder at, but otherwise a good watch.

Season 2 is on channel 5 at the moment and they are filming season 3 as well, some set photos have already been leaked.

With season 2 the first 6-7 episodes aren't great, pretty rubbish actually but the 2nd half of season 2 is much better so it's worth sticking with.

Biker

Thanks again for the reccommendations. White Plague is going well and I know what to start as soon as this is finsihed. Many thanks to Rik. You have a reply to your email.

I had a link sent to me to watch Season 2 of Walking Dead online but I can't get the damned thing to work or download. Sometimes I'm a bit of a numpty, but when I do figure it out I shall persevere to the finish. Good to read a third season is on the cards. Let's hope they don't change the formula too much. I gave up watching that series called Lost after about 3 episodes of season 1 it just got too bizarre, sort of thing David Lynch would have done.

Thanks for the Piers Anthony suggestion Simon, I'll check if that's on those Kindle DVDs I bought

hey Sam I soooo know what you mean about being gutted that you will never read a book fresh and new. Sorta makes you wish someone would invent a memory eraser so it can delete it from your memory and read over and over again with the same enjoyment. There are a couple of books like that for me. My entire Robert Heinlein collection for a start.

Haven't read the Dark Tower, but I'm pretty sure they're on those DVDs I have for my Kindle. I did read Jerusalem Man by David Gemmel which I did enjoy but ti got very weird in certain ways. Must be well over 6 years since I read it though and I've forgotten most of the story

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I forgot to mention Across Aealtime by Vernor Vinge (which actually contains two of his books, The Peace War and Marooned in Realtime) its a story that starts off in the near future where a stasis field generator is created. To my mind it explores the full uses for this idea and Vernor Vinge must have put a lot of thought into his book.

Well written and interesting. I liked it anyway.

Biker

Just logged in after too long being away from this place, the house I'm living in doesn't have the electrickery connected yet, hopefully this week it'll be done, then I need to sort out a phone connection.

Anyway just wanted to make a posting here to say I just finished the Dies the fire book, BRILLIANT!!! Thought I had book 2 in the series on my Kindle but it turned out to be the 4th one, The Sunrise lands. So I need to ge my hands on a .mobi copy of Protectors war & A meeting at Corvallis before I start that.

Really enjoyed the first book soooo much, thanks for the reccommendation of that. I also have Dark Tower to tide me over until I find the missing Stirling books.

Be for now until the next time I'm online here again.

Just logged in after too long being away from this place, the house I'm living in doesn't have the electrickery connected yet, hopefully this week it'll be done, then I need to sort out a phone connection.

Anyway just wanted to make a posting here to say I just finished the Dies the fire book, BRILLIANT!!! Thought I had book 2 in the series on my Kindle but it turned out to be the 4th one, The Sunrise lands. So I need to ge my hands on a .mobi copy of Protectors war & A meeting at Corvallis before I start that.

Really enjoyed the first book soooo much, thanks for the reccommendation of that. I also have Dark Tower to tide me over until I find the missing Stirling books.

Be for now until the next time I'm online here again.

ha ha i've got all the stirling books upto the tears of the sun
want any spoilers?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Patriots by James Wesley Rawles on Kindle , cracking book

Sorry, I think its a survivalists wet dream kit list, seasoned with religious extremism and populated by poorly drawn two dimensional characters - my nominee for the worst EOTWAWKI fiction ever.

Now "There Falls No Shadow" by David Crossley - that I like

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE