Reason to grow a beard #184.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Last time I took my beard off was when I went for aircrew selection at Biggin Hill when I was 16

Had planes been invented then, John?

Anyway, reasons to grow a beard:

a. Because you can
b. Because it is - apparently - now 'cool' to have one
c. Saves money on the latest 5/6/7/8 bladed razors
d. Makes you look knarly and knowledgeable ('Pull up a sandbag, young man. And let me tell you a story...')

Anyway, I had mine before Beckham did ... John had his before I did ... and probably before Wayland had his too ... ergo ... John, you are trend setter.

PS - Yellowbeard - awesome film! "Walk walk ... stagger ... walk ... stagger ... fall ..."

Last edited:

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Ive only grown one once as my misses hate's beard's and restrict's things! if i dont comply with the law, i always have stubble though as i dont like being clean shaven, what i have noticed though is, where i used to have ginger/auburn bits in my beard(mostly dark brown) is that these bits have now turned pure white, and boy does it age me, and i dont need ageing anymore than i am.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
No - but I read of folks doing strange things with Camels!
Graffito from the dorm at Biggin Hill (genuine!)
"Biggles failed his "Aptitude Test" "

bhofmann

Forager
Dec 18, 2009
Exmouth, Devon, England, UK
I recently had a goatie and decided after a while that I prefer a clean face. So do my kids and my wife. If I ever needed a thicker hair to clear a nozzle I'm sure I could find a suitable hair if I (wait for it) just looked down and dug deep enough! ;)

Very good thinking on your part, most of us (ok, maybe just me then) would probably probably have given up on it and sought something to take a spark.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
BEARDS ROCK!!!

2u7n8f6.jpg

Rob_Beek

Forager
Dec 19, 2009
Crewe
Last time I took my beard off was when I went for aircrew selection at Biggin Hill when I was 16 - kept the tashe though.
Blasted thing is changing colour these days but after 36 years exposed to the elements I guess you have to expect some fading....
Good points - hides my weak chin and droopy (Bells Palsey) face : keeps my face warm: saves days of my life scraping off stubble: saves money in not buying razor blades: emergency stove pricker!
Bad Points: can freeze to balaclava in cold weather: can get caught in zips and press-studs all Very Painful! : collects food debris...

You're funny man!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE