Real Heros of Telemark - Aviemore

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
Hi,

I did some looking around on Google Earth and also referenced the episode of RHOT where Ray visits the Cairngorms as well as looking on the 'Secret Scotland website and refering to the RHOT book...

Ok Molotov Cocktail remains on the Beach was at Loch Morlich:

57°10'1.40"N
3°42'6.89"W

Kompani Linge's stores I think are located at:

57°10'52.97"N
3°47'14.99"W

Looking at the footage of RHOT the building is quite long and has a roof thats definately orange.

Looking at the aerial views of Glenmore Lodge, Drumintoul Lodge, and Forest Lodge the building at the coordinates above seems to make sense it's located in the grounds of Drumintoul Lodge which we know has other ww2 buildings that survive from ther period that Kompani Linge were based there.

The land around the building seems to match the RHOT footage also..

The 'secret scotland' link can be found at:

http://www.secretscotland.org.uk/index.php/Secrets/AviemoreSOESchool

I'm sure someone will be along to tell me the actual hut is 50K further north...:D

Well done that man, I think you've nailed it.:D

I looked at the RHOT vid again and the Secret scotland site (now bookmarked) and you are right the terrain seems to fit.

What makes me feel really stupid ( more than usual that is) is that i have been up to the lodge and seen some of the other buildings and the one I was most interested in was only a couple of hundred meters further on :eek::rolleyes:

Still I suppose it shows how your perception of location can be way off.

Thanks again.

I'll get some photos and post them, either end of the month or early January.

Cheers,
Chris

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
Hi,

The Norwegian Lodge is on the Track from the back of Glenmore lodge to the main road.
No Lat/Long but the grid ref is 982096

Cheers,

Chris

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Thats the one Chris. TBH its not a very exciting building but its a good facility in a great location.
I wouldn't be suprised if the Youth Hostel was also involved, I think in the war this area was all restricted access so the Army comandered everything.
Cheers Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE