Ready meal for a polar bear

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
I'd love to have that happen to me, heck I would pay for that I love bears. (As long as that cage is strong enough!)

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oh :Wow::Wow::Wow: ... I love Gordon Buchannan, he's a gorgeous man. I would have loved to have been there (inside the cage!). I've not heard of his demise so assume Gordon made it out OK ??? Saw his (???) ship in the background. I do hope the bear was OK too, we won't have white bears for all that much longer :(. And thanks for Svalbard link the shall watch later.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Bit of a daft stunt to be honest. If the bear had managed to start prising off a door I would expect the poor thing would have been shot instantly.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Bit of a daft stunt to be honest. If the bear had managed to start prising off a door I would expect the poor thing would have been shot instantly.

I'm sure we all hope that would have been the result. That said, I agree it was stupid to have put himself and the bear in that position in the first place. At least as they weren't using a proper bearproof cage.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I'm sure we all hope that would have been the result. That said, I agree it was stupid to have put himself and the bear in that position in the first place. At least as they weren't using a proper bearproof cage.

I would have wanted a challenger tank just incase!

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
The Polar Bear Family & Me will be show on BBC 2 tonight (Monday 7th Jan) at 2130.

Elen Sentier

Weee-eeel ... the shots of the bears were quite often good although there were times when I wondered if whoever was financing hadn't been able to afford a decent lens. BUT I really don't give a damn about Gordon's left earhole or any other part of him and I hate "poisonalitty" stuff. It's also really irritating when he talks about the bears but the camera is on his wretched face! Nor do I appreciate his commentary which assumes I have only two working synapses and both of those intermittent. Grrrr ... as the bears said. Considering he's worked with Attenborough he really could have taken him as a role model and learned a few things about how to put a good wildlife film together. Jeff Turner did a much, much better job with A Wolf Called Storm.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE