Re-handling a Swiss army knife. Picture heavy!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Had a little free time today so I set about rehandleing a small Victorinox bantam. I have a few leather swatch samples laying around in a drawer from a boot maker and figured I'd have a go at making use of the 'budget' leather sample!

I started by penciling the outline, cutting them out with a scalple, fixing with epoxy, clamping and finally fileing away any over hang!

I like it, and have a few other samples left to play with if I decide to pry these ones off.

So, here's the pic's for you!

Hope you like it! :)

Thanks for looking,

Sam

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Cheers dudes! I figure a few coats of wax and/or oil will keep the leather good from the wet. :)

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Sounds nice!

I did consider antler, but wanted an easier job to start on ;)

I think judging from the pins on the swiss army knife you'd need to use a dremel on the antler scales to make the pins fit into it. I too have been considering doing this to one of my SAK's. How did you get the old scales of if I may ask?

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I think judging from the pins on the swiss army knife you'd need to use a dremel on the antler scales to make the pins fit into it. I too have been considering doing this to one of my SAK's. How did you get the old scales of if I may ask?

When I did my old SAK, the scales just pried off. I think they only clip onto the pins.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!

A dremel tool is the thing for the job!

The scales pry off as they are firction fit with the pins. If you take out the tweezers and use a small knife to get under them they pop off easily!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE