Wanted Ray Mears CANVAS belt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
Has anyone got a CANVAS Ray Mears belt they would part with please? Not the leather belt.

They were not super popular and are no longer available on RM site.

I have had one and find it quite comfortable but it is now wearing thin...after much use.

Size 34/36 inches please. I can accomodate bigger but not smaller.

Cheers

K

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Has anyone got a CANVAS Ray Mears belt they would part with please? Not the leather belt.

They were not super popular and are no longer available on RM site.

I have had one and find it quite comfortable but it is now wearing thin...after much use.

Size 34/36 inches please. I can accomodate bigger but not smaller.

Cheers

K
Can you post a picture of yours so we can see what it looks like

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Wasn’t it the same as this…

Reactions: swotty

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Ah right a cotton webbing belt. Military trouser belt try these;

plain buckle for it

if you look for cotton webbing belt on eBay or Amazon you may find one cheaper.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I didn't try it but it surely works well too.
It uses the other buckle system, like Fjällräven.
The one I have seen had a few sharper edges, but that you can remove in 5 minutes with a cheap sharpening stone or whatever.

Solognac belt 100

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
None of these examples are the much higher quality Ray Mears belt Kawasemi was looking for though. That was an in house exclusive made by Becky Brewster. I just posted that Wested Indy example for those people who were curious as to what it was like.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Is this the one?

A 1937 pat 2 inch buckle as used to hold the L straps to the Haversack or 1908 pat pack a length of 2 " inch linen webbing, either recycled surplus or you can get new stuff off ebay for about 5 quid a metre. Makers of repro WW1 and "webbing would be able to tell you were to get the thicker stuff or sell you enough. If I hadnt sold off all my spare 37 pat brass ware when I sold the collection off I'd post you a buckle. they are a couple of quid new on ebay usually.

ATB

Tom

Reactions: gra_farmer

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Well technically its a 08 buckle repurposesd for 37 pat, sorry ive hung about Kharkeeweb too much. Currently you can get 20 Belgium post war issue new old stock ones for forty quid.

Reactions: MrEd

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Well technically its a 08 buckle repurposesd for 37 pat, sorry ive hung about Kharkeeweb too much. Currently you can get 20 Belgium post war issue new old stock ones for forty quid.
For any one who wants to make up their own Soldier of fortune do 47 inch long lengths of 2 inch wide linen webbing for 9.99. Theres a brass chapes on each end and its sold as retro 1908 pattern shoulder brace. Easy enough to cut those of and get some one to sew on some leather bits although mechanically speaking the brass end is better, Mills knew what they were doing. They also have pairs of Bucklebury 5quid. Other reenactment suppliers probably have better quality webbing but you'll pay more.

Atb

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE