Random meeting of other BCUK'ers. Anyone else got a story?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WoodsmanJim

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
Wirral
So I was at a wedding at the weekend up in Perthshire, sitting across the table from me at the reception was a lovely chap called Stewart. He is the brides cousin and I'm childhood friends with the groom. We got chatting about whisky (Scottish wedding so whisky was prevalent!), homebrew, hobbies and other stuff. We soon realised we shared many interests among them a bit of leather working, wood working, general outdoorsy stuff etc... After a while Stewart asked me " this may sound odd, but have you heard of BushcraftUK?" How we chortled! and then drank more whisky......

So, Kiltedpict it was lovely to meet you and your lovely family, hope you got home safe and we'll meet again I'm sure!

Anyone else ever bumped into anyone else from here and made acquaintance through non-bushcrafty circumstances or otherwise? There must be some stories out there........

Jim

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I did.
I was working at Chatelherault country park's TreeFest. I'd organised a group of eight crafts folks all set up under a huge 'chute to talk/demonstrate, etc., and a tall man and his brother (they are very alike) stopped to talk to us about the natural cordage and dyes that I had on my bit…..turns out he was PatrickM :D

M

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Working in the outdoor retail sector for a while put me.in touch with lots of folk. Liked chatting to.customers and I met a couple of folk from here, Old Smokey comes to mind as someone who epitomised the friends I've made here; kind, generous, loads of knowledge and great to have a chat with.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've met a few, I rarely say I own the place but I give my name and share an interest in what they've got to say, usually it's nice things so all's good :) I've met people in The south and the north, a guy from Holland, someone canoeing in the lakes etc, all great people.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
While searching for treasure in a Charity Shop in Stromness, Orkney the other week the volonteer there said that she too was a member of the site ... but could not recall her user name!

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
A few years ago, driving in to a local Tesco's, I saw a young lad walking a large and distinct white dog, which I had only seen in photo's before. There's only one other person I know who has a dog like that, but he surely would be here, I thought. Then a few yards further in, a Land Rover and trailer, "Hey that looks like....", and then walking out of the store came the boss himself - just passing through!

Ogri the trog

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Made lots of new friends. Started by being introduced by JFW in that I was invited to a small meet in the Trossachs
where I met a few other members, I later met Goatboy when he was working in an outdoor shop. Mary Craig (Toddy
and Patrick M followed along with WOOdsman ( Gordon Wardrope ) all these guys are great company and full of
outdoor knowledge. I have to thank both Goatboy and Toddy for their kind remarks above.
Both the members That I have met in person and those that I have had dealings with through this site have all proved
to be really genuine types and people I am proud to consider as friends.
I. Just wish that some of the other folk who frequent the woods, would behave responsibly and not trash the countryside
and get everyone a bad Press. I realise that there are many other names that I could have included as new friends, but
they are too many to list here. Tony and his gang of Moderators deserve a mention as well, I don't think they get enough
praise for all the work they do to keep order and keep this site going. Now that I am getting older, I find that I can
easily spend a good part of my day , browsing on here. Keep it up Lads and Lasses. Stuart.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yesterday Shelly and I went looking at trailers near St Clears, Carmarthen. We're round the back looking at trailers and a chap comes and asks us to move the car so he can offload some steel from a lorry, so Shelly goes off to moves it and the guy sees the sticker on the back of the car and ask about our interest in Bushcraft UK, Shelly tells him and so we've now met Matt, a member of Bushcraft UK, good to meet you mate goodjob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE