Home Sweet Home. A little bimble around my area.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 16, 2011
Perth
Decided to go for a wander around the hills in my area, done about 6 and a half miles trudging through mud, puddles, knee deep snow and ice, battling winds of about 30/35 mph -8*C windchill with a nice helping of hale-stone like snow…Spring time?
I set out leaving my goggles at home…I won’t need them I said…it won’t be that bad I said…hmmm.

I set out with the dog to do a small section of the fife coastal path that starts a few hundred yards from my front door(handy that). The first part of the trek was pretty uneventful, just the same old path I have walked the dogs on many times. Only this time it was like someone taken a plow, run it up and down the path and left the hose running. Ach well its only mud right?

The path takes you past the Newburgh boat wreck.

I must admit I would love to live here.

Bit of a run down pond near the bottom of the bear hill.

So I reached the bottom of bear hill unscathed and totally unaware of the hellish weather to come.

This was the point I lost my gloves…No biggie the weather is holding out…up through the woods we go…

We emerged from the woods and it wasn’t long before we bumped int to these little chaps. I was watched them run past me in awe, it wasn’t for a few moments until I remembered…Oh I have my camera but it was a bit too late as I only have a small lens…so if anyone wants to get me a nice shiny telephoto lens feel free. Anyway as you can see things turned white all of a sudden.

As we made our way up the hill the snow started to set in, along with it the wind.

I decided to take a break and get some shelter from the snow so I threw up the tarp (very badly) and tried to wait out the worst of the weather. So out comes the brew, sit back and enjoy the view.

After a while I gave in to the fact that the weather wasn’t going to settle down. So I packed my things a set off again.

The higher we got the colder it got and by this time my had was numb stiff and turning waxy. I couldn’t how bloody stupid I was and how lucky I was that I wasn’t up north, miles from anywhere. So off comes the buff and I wrapped my hand to keep the chill off.

But these things happen and off I went on my way. I came across this beauty of a spot to get out of the wind…or so I though. I was getting ready for a brew and a wee seat out of the wind but when I got there it was boggy as heck… oh well maybe in the summer.

I went though a small wooded area and was overjoyed with what I found…Spring is here, I was beginning to think it had forgotten all about us.

We got closer to the top and the wind had picked up something ferocious and with it the snow. Patch didn’t seem to mind he was quite happy eating snow and god knows what else.

We reached the top and the snow got pretty deep, could of done with a pair of snow shoes at times. Knee deep in the white stuff.

We didn’t stop for long at the top then headed back down towards home. Almost at the bottom got a photo of my lovely little town.

When I got to the bottom I was met by…MY GLOVES!!!

Ended the trek with a smile on my face and patch on my hobo’s lead.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Nice foto's, nice dog you have too.
Spring's not really showing herself yet eh...

I must observe though, someone has stood on your camera lenze, and left a footprint. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE