Ramblers association e-petition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

groundhog

May 25, 2005
Manchester
the Ramblers have launched an E-petition on the Downing St website to try and appeal the amendments that will close the maps to any paths that have not been registered, even though the government cut the funding that would have sought out and registered those paths it is sections 53-56of CROW 2000 they want to have repealed If you are interested you should find more info at www.ramblers.org.uk.

groundhog

May 25, 2005
Manchester
Sorry Tony it was in the Ramblers newsletter I recieved today I'll try and post a link to the newsletter or the Downing Street website

groundhog

May 25, 2005
Manchester
PETITION TO REPEAL SECTIONS 53 TO 56 OF THE COUNTRYSIDE AND RIGHTS OF WAY ACT 2000.

The Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000 introduced a deadline for the recording of historic rights of way on definitive maps (the legal record of public rights of way). After 1 January 2026 most pre-1949 paths which have not been recorded on these maps will be lost forever. An estimated 20,000 paths could be lost because of this measure, including many in towns and cities. The government funded project to assist with the researching and recording of these routes (the 'Discovering Lost Ways' project) has been terminated without recording a single path but the public had a legitimate expectation that something would be done to record the so-called lost ways because when the legislation was going through Parliament the Minister made it clear that they would not close the maps in this way "without ensuring that there are adequate resources to make it possible for all existing paths that can reasonably be found to be found.”. Now that the promised resources have been withdrawn the RA believes that repeal of the cut-off date is essential. We have therefore put a petition on the No. 10 website calling for the repeal of the relevant legislation. Please follow this link and add your name to the petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/repeal2026/

Many thanks. Your support is greatly appreciated.

groundhog

May 25, 2005
Manchester
The information about the petition arrived today in the Walking Forwards newsletter of the Ramblers Association and is Issue 5 July 2008. I have sent an e-mail to their office asking if it is any use for anyone to sign up now and whether Janet Davies who set it up has dropped a clanger I'll post the reply in the thread when I get it. apologies if I've wasted anyones time

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE