Sign the 'fair price for milk' petition - help our farmers!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

huffhuff

Forager
Sep 20, 2010
Hitchin, Hertfordshire
http://www.fwi.co.uk...milk-prices.htm

An e-petition has been launched to campaign for fairer milk prices for dairy farmers.

The online petition calls on the government to step in to help dairy farmers and reverse the devastating milk price cuts, which they claim will drive many out of business.

Addressed to DEFRA, the petition says: "The UK government must do more to protect the interests of British dairy farmers.

"The low price of milk is forcing extremely hard-working farming families in to poverty and increasing the dependence on antibiotics that will have a devastating affect on the industry.

"If the price of milk is not increased soon then the UK will suffer a supply shortage and thus pay more in the long-term."

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
No, I don't agree with running to the government if you have a problem. The farmers need to sort this out themselves.

The government IS the problem. Who else would they run to? Read what the Minister himself has to say about it:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18792132

The only way the farmers are going to get their customers to see reason would be to use their muscle. That would be painful for everybody, and damaging to both the industry and the country.

I've already written several letters to MPs, ministers and even the BBC expressing my dismay at the way things are being done at the moment. Now I've signed a petition too.

Expat

Forager
Feb 9, 2012
Dorset for good...!!
Most small "family farming" businesses have already been seen off by the "big boys" who we are now being asked to support..???
Just look at the cars (and number of them.....) they are driving.
Didn't hear too many of them shouting when British industry was decimated... :(

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
UK dairy farmers are paid less for their milk than just about anyone in Europe. Also, check out the latest profits posted by Arla Foods UK and Robert Wiseman, two of the milk processors imposing the price cut on farmers.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
If I could buy my milk like I buy my veg and meat, from local producers I would. Actually I'm gonna ask uncle Google if there's any local dairy farmers around me.

sent from my Jelly Bean'd galaxy nexus.

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Ok surely in order to attempt to produce change you need to never assume every one else doesn't care about your particular problem and hope for support in your endevours for justice. Of course, they don't actually care if it is not in their own selfish interests but one lives in eternal hope. I'm quite sure that it will eventually get to the point where even the greedy ones start harassing each other. Petition signed, thanks for posting this as it caused me iritation too, it is quite simply unfair whether they have ended up driving a nice car for their efforts or not.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE