Rain anyone?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rob_Beek

Forager
Dec 19, 2009
Crewe
I've recently got back into camping and more recently bushcraft. I've been out about 7 times for tea in the woods and a couple of camps in all sorts of weather, but never heavy wind or any rain. I want it to rain to test me out a bit, anyone like the rain or any sort of weather tickle your fancy (if you can stay dry)?

And yes i've done the camping in wales bit where your tent blows off and you end up begging the barman to open up early (Nant Peris).

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I don't mind any weather really, wind and rain together does my head in though. More for the getting around part, once camp's up I'm happy getting bounced in my hammock.

P

Pcwizme

Depends what im doing, if for my self then i dont care a jot, but if i have scouts to keep an eye on, then i hate rain, cos i have to keep going in and out to make sure they are ok.

Rob_Beek

Forager
Dec 19, 2009
Crewe
I suppose i just want to know that i can manage really. Still learning.

Yea Pcwizme, i was a scout back in the day. We went on a summer camp and it rained all week, wasn't a happy little scout i must admit.

Last edited:

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
If you do get wet it is ok as long as you can get dry and warm soon after especially it its cold and getting colder. the last thing you want is to get all wet and not be able to get warm and dry or its a slippery slope all the way to Hypothermia. Which is not nice!

I dont mind any weather, As Rich says once in camp or in bed or tent I enjoy the fact im pitting myself againt the elements.

Some of my fondest wild camp memories are of been up high in a howling gale but been warm as toast in my doss bag and tent.

Andy

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
And yes i've done the camping in wales bit where your tent blows off and you end up begging the barman to open up early (Nant Peris).

:) :lmao:

Been there done that, and got the T Shirt.

Go for a holiday in Scotland and sure as hell it'll bloody rain then.:lmao:

Ullenpool, full campsite at night, two tents left in morning. Caravans using nearby buildings to hold them up.

HAHA :lmao:, you're right there... none of that nice vertical rainfall up here in the Highlands - 45+ MPH horizontal torrents flattening your tent across your face when you're trying to sleep... it's such fun :D

Bizarrely, seen all of this, lost tents etc, but got exposure in Ireland, that horizontal rain is a bitch:eek:

rcastillo

Jul 10, 2009
London
For guaranteed rain wash your car before leaving. Remember to park at the bottom of a grassy slope to ensure sod's law kicks in.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE