Railroad sleeper knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bribri

Forager
Mar 18, 2014
manchester
Wow theres are sexy for sure :) i know there prob heavy, but i think there very very cool :) wot yall think?
du9emeru.jpg
epuda6ur.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Bought one the same as the centre one in the first picture in California in1999 from a traditional blacksmith.He said it was made from the rail tie spikes reclaimed from the trans continental railway when they upgraded the line, don't know how good the steel is maybe I will try to put a decent edge on it.

bribri

Forager
Mar 18, 2014
manchester
Haha just noticed wot i e put lol i mean spikes pmsl cheers dave, its been a long day haha

Bought one the same as the centre one in the first picture in California in1999 from a traditional blacksmith.He said it was made from the rail tie spikes reclaimed from the trans continental railway when they upgraded the line, don't know how good the steel is maybe I will try to put a decent edge on it.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Damm I used to be able to lay my hands on loads of them....!!!

Sent from the smoke clouds of a poorly lit fire...

bribri

Forager
Mar 18, 2014
manchester

Cool' let us know how it goes puttin an edge on it' thinkin ov gettin one myself' they look very strong.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
railway spikes are very popular amongst american smiths for converting into niknaks. A lot of people turn them into knives and small axes too (mostly hobby makers). They are generally low to medium carbon steel, a bit like using Re bar they can be reasonably good or reallly bad; apparently some of the better ones are marked HC on them somewhere.

I'm not a fan of them myself. Heavy and uncomfortable and look a bit tourist tatty to me, but they are very popular in the US

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE