Quiz show condumdrum

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Firecrest - It isn't statistics as there is no evidence or data. This is maths, as it's pure theory. If someone has data sets that they can send me with the supporting detail then I can look at it statistically. The problem with theory is that I could prove that I was 100% right or 100% wrong.

I'm going to create some data today via a game with the kids - it won't be a massive set but it will be data.

Me? Pedantic? LOL!

As a Lean Six Sigma consultant, I have a motto: "In God I trust - everyone else fetches data!"

Do the game, its fun! :)

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
Along the lines of "Give a man a car and he can drive to work, give a man a goat and it can eat everything in his garden for life"

Tripitaka

Nomad
Apr 13, 2008
Vancouver Island, BC.
OK, I concede.

Having played the "game" with kids and created a data set that I am happy with, I acknowledge that it is better to change.

I ran the scenario 20 times for each choice - same door or different door.

If I stayed with the same door, I won only 8 times out of 20. If I changed, I won 15 times out of 20. I still don't entirely understand why but I'm happy the answer is correct.

Stay with the door - 40% chance of success.
Change doors - 75% chance of success.

I'm happy now I have data. :D

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
OK, I concede.

Having played the "game" with kids and created a data set that I am happy with, I acknowledge that it is better to change.

I ran the scenario 20 times for each choice - same door or different door.

If I stayed with the same door, I won only 8 times out of 20. If I changed, I won 15 times out of 20. I still don't entirely understand why but I'm happy the answer is correct.

Stay with the door - 40% chance of success.
Change doors - 75% chance of success.

I'm happy now I have data. :D

I expect if you work in statistics, compiling data will be something that makes you happy:)

Tripitaka

Nomad
Apr 13, 2008
Vancouver Island, BC.
I expect if you work in statistics, compiling data will be something that makes you happy:)

Not so much happy, as satisfied. People make assumptions and back them up with the craziest theories passed off as truth; one example is being able to show something in print. Just because it's in a book, doesn't make it right.

Evidence is much harder to come by though.

I'm a Lean Six Sigma consultant so proving things using evidence is a culture for me. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE