Quilted undersuit - Any Idea?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I have seen the insulating fleece "babygrow type" suits that go underkneath the issue imersion suit on ebay quite a bit recently.
Don't know if its quite the thing your after but goes for around £30-60.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
If memory serves me.....

Didn't snugpak or a subsidiary do summat called a weezel suit ?

An I've not had my first brew yet !
Morning all :)

The Mighty Oak Is Merely A Nut Who Stood His Ground

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I'm guessing Riks links take you to a Selk bag... but there's also the old west german tank suits. The inner part being a quilted "all in one".

http://www.transworldsurplus.co.uk/fleeces-thermals/223-german-army-tank-suit-and-fleece-liner.html

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
The undersuit for diver's dry-suits would be my suggestion. Pile rather than quilting (but all the warmer for that!)

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
not quilted, but i have one of these one piece fleecy romper suits that I use as an under layer when im night fishing in the depths winter,tis very warm, if you search the tackle shops for under suits most have or can get them, this one is towards the bottom of the page in the link

Grandeslam-fleece-suit.gif

http://www.grandeslam.co.uk/acatalog/Clothing.html

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
A cavers "Teddy-bear" (nowt to do with Grylls!) makes a good undersuit ... as does an old "Chineese suit" from surplus stores....
But as the man said - you can get the quilted fabric cheap enough - and a PJ pattern would do the job... so you could make your own :)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
When I was in the mob, there was a cold weather suit called a "Dewliner", a one piece that zipped from ankle to neck - exceptionally warm - almost to the point of too warm.

Try Ebay or a good surplus store - no idea if they're even still around!

ATB

Ogri the trog

Hetzen

Forager
Feb 5, 2009
West London
Not sure if this is relevant, but Tresspass have been doing a fleece thermal layer top and bottoms set for £15. My better half loves hers.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
not quilted, but i have one of these one piece fleecy romper suits that I use as an under layer when im night fishing in the depths winter,tis very warm, if you search the tackle shops for under suits most have or can get them, this one is towards the bottom of the page in the link

Grandeslam-fleece-suit.gif

http://www.grandeslam.co.uk/acatalog/Clothing.html

What's the weight of fleece in these Mark? Is it 100 or thicker?

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
What's the weight of fleece in these Mark? Is it 100 or thicker?

Erm, yes, errrrrrr

Ii honestly dont know im afraid Rich, the one i have has a good thickness to it though, i bought mine a few years back and it's still giving me good service

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Erm, yes, errrrrrr

Ii honestly dont know im afraid Rich, the one i have has a good thickness to it though, i bought mine a few years back and it's still giving me good service

Lol, not to worry mate. I'll get one ordered and see what it's like

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
if memory serves, the army did issue a quilted all in one, looks just like the chinese fighting suit but joined together. saw one ebay recently too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE