Quickdraw Machete Sheath (pic heavy)

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Here are some better pictures. took them in the graveyard in my garden so much better light

imag0469q.jpg

By wanderingpict at 2012-01-12

imag0472u.jpg

imag0471w.jpg

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Yeah top marks on that job there Dreadhead. You took the words right out of my mouth about the Zombie Apocalypse. Did make me chuckle reading your reply to the "why the quick draw" question. I would add that not all Zombie moan as they creep up on you in the dark... according to the films anyway. :lmao:

I know it's obvious but I could be wrong, but didn't that machete used to be a Golok in a previous existance?

Dreadhead

Yeah top marks on that job there Dreadhead. You took the words right out of my mouth about the Zombie Apocalypse. Did make me chuckle reading your reply to the "why the quick draw" question. I would add that not all Zombie moan as they creep up on you in the dark... according to the films anyway. :lmao:

I know it's obvious but I could be wrong, but didn't that machete used to be a Golok in a previous existance?

Thankyou kindly!

im suspect it probably was judging by the shape of the tattered old canvas sheath. the only thiing i know is that it was his grandfathers. the blade looks like its had all sorts of reshaping it has so many wonky bevels on it :lmao:

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
Cracking stuff DH. Just goes to show what having the right tools for the job can do. If you make a stitching pony you'll be well away. I made one this weekend, easiest thing in the world all you need is a length of wood, wood glue, one wood screw and a bolt and wing nut.

IMG_0019.jpg

Dreadhead

Cracking stuff DH. Just goes to show what having the right tools for the job can do. If you make a stitching pony you'll be well away. I made one this weekend, easiest thing in the world all you need is a length of wood, wood glue, one wood screw and a bolt and wing nut.

View attachment 8332

thanks. im currently just using a cheap workbench can grip things in between the vice plates works well enough for now

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
thanks lee. aye thats fair doos about the stitching it really is a case of needing a pony though!.

Good work mate. :)

I use one of these instead of a Pony, i just glue some leather to the jaws so as not to mark the leather.
http://www.axminster.co.uk/stanley-stanley-multi-angle-hobby-vice-prod855261/

Also you mention a dremel, are you planning on getting one for drilling? If so i'd be wary. I got one for the same purpose but it runs too fast and burns the leather. It doesn't have enough torque on the slowest speed to even get through 3 layers. A cheap pillar drill will be your best friend for leather work, good to drill with and you can get the foam sanding drums for them which is second to not for smooth even edges, then you turn the belt for the drum inside out and it will then polish your edges in seconds ;)

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I use an electric screwdriver to drill the holes for stitching, despite protestations from others here calling me a heretic. It's a black and decker jobby shaped like a small electric drill with 2 speed settings on it, neither get to any speed that would damage the leather. I think it cost me around £20 in a b&q sale, cheaper than a dremel I believe. It came with a little 1 - 1.5mm drill bit and that works just fine with the small needle on the auto-awl and, as I found anyway, you don't get any marks from forcing the awl through. Nice sheath and hope your better soon Dreadhead.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE