Quick intro

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kilocharlie51

Feb 18, 2010
swansea
Hi everyone!

Just a quick hello.

My first time on the forum after reading it for some weeks, great site! Actually my first time on any forum, not very IT/computer friendly so don't know if this will make it to the forum or crash the internet. I'm by no way an expert in Bushcraft but have had an interest in Bushcraft/survival skills since seeing Firtst Blood when I was 15, but not a Rambo fan.....honest!

Got some practical experience in the outdoors, 6 years infantry, posted to Hong Kong for 2 years and spent some time in Brunei, Malaysian jungles. Used to hike and wild camp a lot in the Brecon Beacons (only live 45 mins away) until two kids came along, so don't get out as much as I'd like these days.

Quite fortunate though to have 101 acres of a mid Wales farm to play on incuding some good tree cover and about 2ks of the upper Towy river to fish for Salmon and Sea Trout (called Sewin in Wales), perks of marrying a famer's daughter! and a bit of air rifle shooting, Bunnies, squirrels and Woodies.

Me and my mate spend weekends throughout the year there under tarps and chop firewood for my mother-in-law as a sort of thank you.

Anyway, thanks for an informative forum and looking forward to engaging and participating further in the future.

KC51

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi everyone!

I'm by no way an expert in Bushcraft but have had an interest in Bushcraft/survival skills since seeing First Blood when I was 15, but not a Rambo fan.....honest!

Always a sure sign of a Rambo fan...denial! :lmao::rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum!:welcome1:

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Welcome from another Jack. (Actually, halfway between being a Jack and a Turk - Gorseinon - though now living in England) Hope you enjoy it here, I've certainly learned loads from the good people in this neck of the woods.

kilocharlie51

Feb 18, 2010
swansea
Thanks everyone for the replies, makes you feel quite welcome. Don't seem to have any messages yet Hertsboy, good to see a jack, Kerne, (and I suppose a Turk) on the forum, moved to Loughor when I was 13 so in between the two of you, but on the right side of the bridge!

KC51

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE