Quick Cheap sharpening

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-1

Here you go this is a quick and cheap sharpening system.

All you need is 20 minutes a craft knife, some double sided carpet tape, some wood offcuts and some wet 'n' dry.

14vm.jpg

Apply tape to wood offcut and cut to size

25us.jpg

Then do the same with the other side so you have 2 sides with tape on

48we.jpg

Apply one of the sides to your wet and dry and then do the other.

52dz.jpg

I did this to 3 offcuts and made them double sided (a bit like a combination stone), I have 6 different grits that will handle pretty much anything at minimal cost and with plenty of wet 'n' dry left over for when I need to replace it.

60tb.jpg

for any that are interested, the grits I have here are 150, 240, 400, 600, 1000, 2000 and the final bit can be done on a belt.

leon-1

Sorry Guys, I would of answered earlier, but I have been making an axe sheath (long story).

This was actually Neil1's idea to put this up, but he hasn't had a lot of time recently so I said that I would do it for him, plus I had all the bits at hand.

Right, Wet 'N' Dry, it came from axminster and I cannot remember how much it was however they do also have 800, 1200 and 2500 grit (I have them all) as I had bought them for finishing materials:).

OK just checked the wet 'n'dry is down as "ws flex" and at the most costs 54p per sheet

As I said the wood is just offcuts.

Edit I have added a link to Axminster:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE