Quick and easy hammock hang.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 16, 2007
Here you go people.
Over the years I have tried many many many ways to hang a hammock some better than others but now I think I have found the best, easiest and quickest way to put up and take down my Hennessy Explorer deluxe hammock.

[video=youtube;PViK68boZYU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PViK68boZYU&nofeather= True[/video]

Some of you may ask why I dont use the HH Snake skins. Well I did once when I got the hammock and it is a good idea but when you get in the habit of using the Hex fly (Basha) and then carry that basha as a seperate item to put up first and take down last then the skins seem to be a waste of time as there role is to keep the whole kit as one. Plus why would you want to roll a wet basha around your dry hammock and stuff that in your dry bergen?

Discuss

PDA1

Settler
Feb 3, 2011
Framingham, MA USA
Neat. Re snakeskins; I use two sets. One for the hex fly, and the other for the hammock. No need to wrap a wet tarp around a dry hammock. Re weight on the knots. With the suspension cords at about 25 degrees as yours was, the weight on EACH knot/carabiner is your full weight, NOT half of your weight.

Dec 16, 2007
Neat. Re snakeskins; I use two sets. One for the hex fly, and the other for the hammock. No need to wrap a wet tarp around a dry hammock. Re weight on the knots. With the suspension cords at about 25 degrees as yours was, the weight on EACH knot/carabiner is your full weight, NOT half of your weight.

Thanks for that never did say I was good at maths but that goes to prove to me that it is a better knot than first thought of.
Looks like I will be staying with this set up for a while now.
Still like to shake the basha as dry as possible then fold and wrap in the cords to then just stuff in the top pocket of the bergen. First bit of kit out and last bit in and you dont need to open the main bag and if you're a weight wennie then no extra weight from the snake skins. But with everything bush/jungle/fieldcraft it is all to there own. The last trip I had in the jungle all 8 of us had a basha and hammock set up and there were 8 different ways to do it. This is mine.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE