Query re paypal

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

Going to my paypal account normally and i've tried via ebay, i have a page saying i've been chosen at random to clarify my account details.

The two questions ask for me to give the full card number and bank account number.

The questions do have the last two digits of same in their asking.

Thanks,
Tom

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

Going to my paypal account normally and i've tried via ebay, i have a page saying i've been chosen at random to clarify my account details.

The two questions ask for me to give the full card number and bank account number.

The questions do have the last two digits of same in their asking.

Thanks,
Tom

yup ive had it in the past. Felt very wary but it was fine.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5...at-LogIn-for-Security-Maintenance/td-p/369674

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Aye, i've had the scam email things before but this was trying to access normally and via an accredited route.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
It is legitimate; that's why it was on the Paypal login page and the last two card numbers were quoted.

The phishing e-mail thing is quite different.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Check the web pages ssl certificate is ok. Also worth trying it on another machine to see if you get the same.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Appears to be ok,just need to confirm card with the number on statement for the £1 transaction.
Thanks again.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Ignore mate, it might be a scam. I was told by a person recently who fell for a scam designed around paypal and getting your details.

Maybe you could contact paypal directly?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE